Question

What to do with her phone

• 15 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

One of the people on my phone plan has died, and no longer needs the phone. What are my options?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Does that line have some sort of EIP tied to it that is preventing you from canceling it?  

If the account was in that person's name. Contact the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter.  Don't be surprised if a death certificate or some sort of proof is required to terminate an EIP and or the account of a deceased person.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Cancel an account of a deceased family member | T-Mobile Support (t-mobile.com)

Badge

It’s my account. She had a phone on my account. I’m wondering if I can get out of the payment for the phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The link gramps posted doesn’t seem to mention anything specific about EIP’s.  I would reach out to Customer Care or the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter to inquire about waiting the remaining balance of the EIP for that service.  They might require the return of the device to do so but only someone working at T-Mobile will be able to answer that definitively.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The answer will be in the EIP agreement. Since you are the PAH you will most likely be responsible for the rest of the EIP much like if you co-signed a loan and the person passed.

But it can't hurt to call.