Question

Why am i being charged for no service?

• 22 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

My mother wanted to change from Verizon to T-Mobile and I helped her do the change online and we spoke with a representative. All good then but when we got the sim cards to port over our phone numbers and current phones, the representatives were not helpful and unclear about when they could have our phones be useable under the T-Mobile lines. So the representative promised to call back within 2 hours to confirm that our phones were good to go, but this never happened.

We called multiple times to get help, even went into a store (which didn't result in anything since they can't help), and after begging to get our lines active for a whole week, we just wanted to cancel the service and continue with our current service.

We were told that the lines could not be cancelled because of no apparent reason. Then they hung up the call and we figured that was it.

Unfortunately my mom is sent a bill of $200, because the lines were not cancelled and apparently we were using the service. I went to a store and had it all cleared up, but then we received another bill, of $120, because there were 20 minutes of usage... Those apparent 20 minutes were from trying to get a representative to activate and port over our phones, which they never finished and resulted in us having to call multiple times to get help.

Now she's being warned that she will be sent to collections despite calling several times to get this cleared up. Why would she have to pay for a service she was never provided? How can TMobile charge her for trying to activate a new line? We would have been new customers if the T-Mobile representative we first spoke to actually did their job.

So, what can we do about this? Our issue isn't having money to pay, the issue is being charged fraudulently for a service she was never provided. We didn't pick new phones, we were bringing over our own phones. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter to see what they can do for you.