Question

Why was my line cancelled for roaming?

• 19 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I live in Albuquerque, NM and yesterday I had my line cancelled for excess roaming when I constantly have my roaming turned off since I live in a big city. Many things are tied to my number as I'm a busy college student so this screwed up my plans. Currently I am unable to visit a TMobile store to figure out my issue and I can't even make a customer service call.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact them via Facebook or Twitter..in this case you are needing someone with account access to get in there and either fix it. unable to happen on the site here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Can’t he they try dialing 611 from the handset to contact Tmobile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

611 should work, even if the SIM isn't active.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The “roaming” toggle on most phones only restricts international data roaming, not domestic. There are some places near Albuquerque that show up on the coverage map as “partner’ (i.e. roaming) coverage. I suspect that you are accidentally roaming without knowing it. Suggest if you get this sorted out that you manually select T-Mobile’s signal in your phone’s settings this should prevent roaming. YMMV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

contact them via Facebook or Twitter..in this case you are needing someone with account access to get in there and either fix it. unable to happen on the site here.

Whenever I do that they want me to verify I am who I say by feeding back a 2FA code they text me on my phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

same. figured before they get into someones account they want to verify theyre in fact who they say they are.