Question

55 and older for 2 people on plan. Why is my plan 79.66 a month?

• 21 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

We signed up for 55 + for 2. FREE phones included. Why do we pay 79.66 monthly? We are on autopay. 

Essentials 55+

$55.00/mo

Plus taxes and fees

Applied discounts and promotions:

$10 AutoPay Discount

3 replies

Dear T-Mobile Corporate Customer Relations,

I am writing to express my deep disappointment regarding a series of events that have transpired since I subscribed to a T-Mobile plan. As a senior citizen and veteran, I was assured by an authorized T-Mobile representative, Kobi, that I would be eligible for a special Essentials Choice 55+ promotion.

On December 30, 2023, at Ft. Gordon military base, I was informed that I would receive a $60 per month plan for two phone lines, with two new Galaxy 5 flip phones at no cost, as a new subscriber. I was told that I would only be responsible for paying the initial activation fees plus tax for each individual line, with a monthly billing adjustment for the first two months and a maximum of $70 per month thereafter, provided I signed up for auto-draft payment and received a $10 credit ($5 off each line). 

I received the phones after a 5-day wait and connected my service, porting my number. Although I preferred Apple iPhones, I chose the Galaxy flip phones due to the promotional offer. However, I have concerns regarding the accuracy of the representation made by the sales representative and the subsequent billing discrepancies.

I would appreciate it if you could investigate this matter and address the issues I've experienced. Specifically, I would like to know why I was not informed about the billing adjustments and why my subsequent invoices were higher than the promised $70 per month. I would also appreciate clarification on the promotional offer and any possible solutions for correcting the situation.  i can be reached to discuss at kcj232003@gmail.com. i want this resolved and all billing adjustments made ASAP, i have filed a case with the FCC and BBB. I think its unreasonable to not allow your patrons to have a formal way of filing a direct employee complaint with your corporate office other than by mail. 

Thank you for your attention to this matter.  

My bill for essentials 55 is 77.06 here in Florida.

it went up $5 a line because I would not switch to a less secure payment option. I use a credit card and they want me to use a debit card, which is less secure. I may be switching to Visible for $50 for a total of 2 lines ($25 for each line) for the same coverage, they take credit cards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The essential plan doesn't include taxes.