Question

911 Calls Do Not Log to Call History

• 26 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

I have noticed that 911 calls do not log to the Call History of my Android smartphone (REVVL 4). 

Is there a setting to adjust so 911 calls do become logged ?  How about an app ?

6 replies

Doesn’t anyone know the answer to this question?

It is working as designed. 911 call logs auto delete once the call is completed for proactive privacy and safety. This is for caller protection. Best way to explain is think of domestic violence. It could be detrimental if you are in danger and the person causing harm finds out you placed a call to 911. I am not sure however, if you can see these call records on the actual bill once it generates. 

I acknowledge the issue described above, but it can work both ways. Once upon a time, someone I love had a dangerous weapon in their hand when they confronted a potential assailant. Said loved person, a life-long trauma/PTSD sufferer, got arrested and charged with a felony. Said potential assailant has a court restraining order to stay off loved person’s premises. Over a 90-day period, loved one spotted potential assailant on their property 15 times. They did as they were instructed to do: call 911 and their on-call caregiver. I can document the calls to the caregiver, but not to 911. I highly doubt one can walk into a police station and obtain 911 records from a particular phone number without a substantial amount of bureaucracy. @T-Mobile, if I substantiate that I am loved one’s legal guardian, and that the cell phone account is mine, do you have the 911 data hidden somewhere and can I request it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you are the account holder then i dont see  why you wouldnt be able to request this info if they DO have it. if you are NOT the account holder then odds are even if they do have this info they wont be able to give it to you.

Wow, I did not know that. On April 8.2023 approximately 7:30 PM I called 911 because somebody had caused an accident to my vehicle. Insurance company is asking for the phone records. I thought that 911 show up on my call log that you have to log into in print  wow 🤩 

I just called 911 on my android and had heard about this so I checked my call log and it was listed. Seems dangerous to tell people it won't show up in your recent calls when it says EMERGENCY CALL in red and when you tap it for details it says 911.