Solved

Account cannot be authenticated

• 14 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hello guys. Can you tell me please, what’s wrong? Just installed my Visual Voicemail app, turned on mobile internet and turned off Wi-Fi but still have this message:

“Visual Voicemail account cannot be authenticated due to cellular data mode being turned off. Check your device settings.”

Reloaded phone, but it didn't help.

icon

Best answer by Courently 18 July 2023, 04:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Did you click on Settings (as shown in the pic), and verify that cellular data is turned on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

When it comes to dual-SIM devices.  You need to make sure that data for the correct SIM is enabled.  Make sure that data is enabled for the T-Mobile SIM specifically.  Visual Voicemail works with your T-Mobile service.  

Badge

Did you click on Settings (as shown in the pic), and verify that cellular data is turned on?

Yes, only cellular data is turned on. Wi-Fi internet is turned off. 

When it comes to dual-SIM devices.  You need to make sure that data for the correct SIM is enabled.  Make sure that data is enabled for the T-Mobile SIM specifically.  Visual Voicemail works with your T-Mobile service.  

I turned off the second sim card. Reloaded phone, but everything the same. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What SIM slot is the T-Mobile SIM in?  Some dual-SIM devices have a second SIM that doesn't have access to all of the features and bands the first SIM does.  The important thing though is, to make sure the T-Mobile SIM is the SIM set to use data.  If you are roaming, you might not be able to activate Visual Voicemail until you are back on the T-Mobile network.

Have you double checked your APN settings as well to make sure you have the correct settings to access data?  You can find the BYOD APN settings at this link.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings

Badge

What SIM slot is the T-Mobile SIM in?  Some dual-SIM devices have a second SIM that doesn't have access to all of the features and bands the first SIM does.  The important thing though is, to make sure the T-Mobile SIM is the SIM set to use data.  If you are roaming, you might not be able to activate Visual Voicemail until you are back on the T-Mobile network.

T-Mobile SIM in first slot. I’m in T-Mobile network. Thank you so much for trying your best to help me. 

Reinstalled app and downloaded it with cellular data. Still no results. 

I have the same issue, only 1 SIM card, T-mobile network set. It's like they did an update and it stopped working.

Mentions business - here is the screen I get when it first loads.

Cannot activate, same as above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have the same issue, only 1 SIM card, T-mobile network set. It's like they did an update and it stopped working.

Mentions business - here is the screen I get when it first loads.

Cannot activate, same as above.

Try disabling Blokada and see if you can activate it.

Got mine working. Not sure what Blokada is but I did have DuckDuckGo blocker on - need to save data & battery. Disabled that for the authorize and it loaded up. Turned the blocker back on, and it still works.

Thanks for the help syaoran!

I did look at Google Play and it was updated within the past week. I have auto-restart set to weekly, and that's when the app updated and I posted here. Just FYI, if anyone reboots.