Question

Alcatel Joy tab 2 crashes after system update

• 24 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

The last five or six times my Joy Tab 2 tablet has received a system up date it has crashed it completely. I end up on a screen that says the data is corrupted and the choice to restart or factory reset.

Restarting doesn't fix the problem so I end up doing a factory reset. 

I have no idea why this keeps happening, but it's irritating! 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how much internal memory do you have still freed up?

Badge

Right now I have 9.81 gb.

I think you have given me an idea. I am going to uninstall everything that has a cloud backup before I do a system update. See if that solves it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

any luck?

Badge

Unfortunately nope. I'm going to try removing my sd card next time.

One of my alcatel tablets has failed. It has no image or text. If you try to turn it on it glows for a few seconds then shuts off.

when I first joined t-mobile the sales criminal offered me two of these outdated and poor quality tablets “for free”. I explained thst I am retired  and dOn’t want the ectra lines. He said it was a “gift” from T-mobile and that there would be “absolutely no charge”, that it was a free gift from the company. I told him several times that I didn’t want them and didn’t want any higher bill. I already have two lines of Magenta Max. Well, he lied to me. His managers surely know that he lied. I’m sure others have complained. Now the crap I was tricked into doesn’t work. I would never recommend T-Monile to anyone.