Question

Android 12 LG Velvet ?

Badge

Many other providers have released android 12 for the LG Velvet (Sans T-mobile). Is t-mobile usually this slow in releasing OS updates?

Not that I “need” android 12 but it would be nice to have the updated GPU drivers that come with 12 for the Dimensity/GPU combo. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

From an article I saw the only LG phone to get Android 12 for Tmobile was the V50.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and 60

Well, that sux. att,verizon, us cell etc.. have all updated velvet to android 12.  When I bought mine thru t-mobile it came with Android 10 and LG/T-mobile “promised” update to at “Least” android 12.

Something sound fishy or t-mobile just lazy

I think TM should offer replacement phones.  6 mo and counting behind Verizon on update to Android 12.  We are promised up though 13!  I don’t want to wait until 2030

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I think TM should offer replacement phones.  6 mo and counting behind Verizon on update to Android 12.  We are promised up though 13!  I don’t want to wait until 2030

T-Mobile didn’t make that promise.  LG did…  Carriers don’t do updates like people in the states think they do.

We have no direct business relationship with LG.  TM can pressure LG to get this done.  Our recourse is to TM.  They advertised to us that we would get updates.  Time to file a class action against TM to get phones replaced.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

shall they have them re open their mobile phone side of the business? dont see TMO being able to do that lol.

and dont be one of those posters that tells everyone they should file a class action against TMO and then turn right back around and say you’ll join them if they start one...be the big one and start it yourself and let them join in.

Have received Android 12 update on LG VELVET 5 G from t mobile, I kept wondering when it would arrive. I believe it is also a security patch. It most likely is a ordinary Android 12 update right now I am checking for changes so far nothing negative has happened

Thanks T Mo

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

good ol LG..no longer in the mobile game but still went above and beyond with their last few mobile phone update kick outs..second issue free or close enough to issue free update to one of their devices..

So I have been on looking into this and have spoken to many agents at both Tmo and LG. Apparently it looks like Tmo Velvets have different hardware than the other carriers Velvets so the update won't work on them. LG said they would update the Velvet up to Android 13 only if it is compatible. TMobile variants are not. So they will not be updated even though they promised the updates. Technically, they put it out but it doesn't work for Tmos. They aren't going to do one either. From what I have gathered. And I got my phone on a promotion and am stuck with it for 2 years with no updates 😟