Question

Android 13 up for OnePlus 10 Pro 5g.

• 13 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I've had my OnePlus 10 Pro 5g for about Three or Four months now. And I'm not sure how consistent OnePlus is with rolling out Software updates in the past. As this is my first OnePlus device, I've only had Samsung back all the way to the Galaxy S5. But I feel like it's taking forever, for me to receive the Android 13 update Based on Oxygen OS 13. Anybody have any clue as to when this update is supposed to hit the US, if it hasn't already ?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

still unknown and in development..oddly enough the majority of devices to actually receive it are Samsung devices lol..

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

Make NO mistake about it, the delay is 100% the fault of T-MOBILE.  Every unlocked OnePlus 10 Pro has had the OS13 update for a couple of months already.  T-Mobile is busy (not very) adding their own modifications to the software before they push the update to T-Mobile variant devices.  If you want timely updates, DON’T purchase the T-Mobile variants of these phones.  BUY UNLOCKED!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the OEM is the one that adds in the carrier requested bloat..not the carrier. the carrier will only test what the OEM comes up with to make sure the primary things are still working like calls and data..

a while back when HTC was still in business they posted how an Android update is handled starting with Google all the way down to the carrier..this is how its handled for every OEM out there. zero has changed on how theyre handled. when the TMO update page changes to “testing” thats when the variant is sent to TMO to test (Lab Entry=LE)

https://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/26/awesome-infographic-htc-shows-us-the-anatomy-of-an-android-os-update-from-pdk-to-ota/

the OEM is the one that adds in the carrier requested bloat..not the carrier. the carrier will only test what the OEM comes up with to make sure the primary things are still working like calls and data..

a while back when HTC was still in business they posted how an Android update is handled starting with Google all the way down to the carrier..this is how its handled for every OEM out there. zero has changed on how theyre handled. when the TMO update page changes to “testing” thats when the variant is sent to TMO to test (Lab Entry=LE)

https://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/26/awesome-infographic-htc-shows-us-the-anatomy-of-an-android-os-update-from-pdk-to-ota/

Sorry, but the T-Mobile employee in the OTHER OP10 Pro thread would disagree with you.  He states that sometimes the OEM does it, and sometimes the CARRIER does it.

“Hey all. You can keep an eye on where we are in the development cycle for the latest update by visiting our Support site. Here is the direct link to the Android updates page: Android Software Updates | T-Mobile Support

We don’t have dates listed because things can happen that can cause delays. The main update is completely developed by the manufacturer, but we have our own requirements and features that need to be added too. Sometimes we do those additions ourselves and sometimes it is part of the build that the manufacturer does. Either way, we don’t want something released that will brick your phone or cause serious headache, so lots of testing has to be done. The OnePlus 10 line is still in development, so additions and tweaks are still being made. 

Sounds like you are all doing the right thing by checking for updates regularly, so you will see it as soon as it is polished and ready. “

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

this would be for devices like the REVVL phones...the ones that show TMO as the manufacturer..

No. The guy was literally responding in the OnePlus 10 pro thread

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

well aware of who posted it..

the OnePlus forums in case you dont frequent them. specifically for the 10 series.

https://community.oneplus.com/circle/1034257644749324298