Solved

app issues

Badge

Since the last update I have had app issues, I get a message saying "Something is not quite right here. Unfortunately the tmobile app is not avai6at this time due to technical difficulties. Please try back later." I can log in on the website, just not the app.

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 16 August 2022, 16:09

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

more than likely the app is needing an update to make it compatible with the latest update your phone received. did you receive a security patch or was it a large OS update?

what phone is it? purchased from TMO or brought in as a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)?

Badge

This was a tmobile update, not a system update. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and I brought it with me to tmobile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so TMO sent an update to the app and broke it or to the device? if it was a device update then it came from Samsung (security patch perhaps or could have been a OEM/Carrier specific update). the TMO app you can download from the play store has always been a bit hit and miss compared to the built in one that comes stock on the TMO devices.

Badge

I am not very tech savvy but I do know it was a tmobile update. I can go into the playstore, pull up the app and uninstall the update, then the app will load for me but immediately wants me to update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

try that and see if it starts working again. might end up downloading a newer variant of the app or if there are some wires crossed in there it’ll load fresh and possibly fix it.

Badge

I have done it 4 times already

I also have this issue. I am unable to remove this app nor update it. It is extremely frustrating. 

The customer service person said I could disable the app and then redownload. I tried to and the app didn't respond to either disable or force stop. This all began the same Sunday that T-Mobile took the app down for maintenance.

I bought the phone from T-Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

The customer service person said I could disable the app and then redownload. I tried to and the app didn't respond to either disable or force stop. This all began the same Sunday that T-Mobile took the app down for maintenance.

I bought the phone from T-Mobile.

keep looking in the play store for an update for it. im going to guess that you brought your phone with you from another carrier or you purchased it from somewhere other than TMO?

As I mentioned, the phone is from T-Mobile.

So anyone know what I can do to get the app to work. I'd call T-Mobile Customer Support, but ever since Oct it takes at least an hour to get a person on the line and then they'll say that I would have an equally long time before I can talk to tech support.

Updating:

I went to the Play Store and deleted the updates, then reinstalled them and it seems to be working well.

Thanks everyone.

Badge

Sorry, please ignore this, I meant to create a new post.