Question

Can I use my Tmobile SIM in a TMobile network affiliated phone (ie SImple Mobile etc.)?

• 14 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Needing a new phone, but not looking to spend an arm and a leg. I have found some phones that I like that are through providers that use the TMobile network. Can I use these phones with my TMobile SIM card, or do I have to specifically look for unlocked phones?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you can get the IMEI you can check compatibility in here

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/bring-your-own-device-byod-guide#heading1

you can also cross check frequencies used by TMO compared to the device..also in the above link

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Needing a new phone, but not looking to spend an arm and a leg. I have found some phones that I like that are through providers that use the TMobile network. Can I use these phones with my TMobile SIM card, or do I have to specifically look for unlocked phones?

Not all devices that are sold through T-Mobile’s affiliates and partner companies are able to just pop in a SIM and it will work.  Most Metro devices now need to be SIM unlocked to use a T-Mobile SIM.  Once you check the compatibility of the device with T-Mobile’s network.  Make sure it is permanently SIM unlocked before you buy it.  Swappa is a great place to find devices for a more reasonable price sometimes.