Solved

Can't disable it?

• 15 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

How do you disable the Google/T-Mobile news feed page in Android 12?

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 15 August 2023, 18:13

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This link may help.

https://support.google.com/googlenews/answer/7688469?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Check your Settings, Apps, System Apps for it.  See if you can force close it and disable it.  Personally, I always remove this using ADB commands regardless of what Android device I have but the app has a different name depending on the device and firmware version.  Nova Launcher also makes it easy to turn this feature off within the launcher settings under swipe actions.  

Badge

Thanks everyone for suggestions. The one that worked was discovered by searching the specific phone name/model. The steps for this Nord N200 5G: Go to settings -> search for Apps -> App management -> Google -> click disable.

So, a 2nd question, what do you lose by disabling Google?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i would think just about anything Google related. there should be an option for just shutting down GNews and not straight up Google.

actually long press the screen and when options pop up go to “Home screen settings” and the Google feed option should be under there. on my LG V60 it says “Google Feed” with an off//on slider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have Google calendar disabled  and no issue with performance.

Badge

Unfortunately, this device (Nord N200 5G) doesn’t offer a lot. Just found that disabling Google makes a LOT of things not work, so I enabled it and re-booted. Nice basic phone for the money. I have an Xperia 5 iii high end compact phone with high end options which got the green line which is showing up on Super OMELED screens. Sony is replacing the screen for free, and this screen is NOT cheap!  So, I needed an inexpensive “get me by” phone for a couple weeks. I will live with the news feed pane till the Xperia comes back. Thanks for all the suggestions :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Unfortunately, this device (Nord N200 5G) doesn’t offer a lot. Just found that disabling Google makes a LOT of things not work, so I enabled it and re-booted. Nice basic phone for the money. I have an Xperia 5 iii high end compact phone with high end options which got the green line which is showing up on Super OMELED screens. Sony is replacing the screen for free, and this screen is NOT cheap!  So, I needed an inexpensive “get me by” phone for a couple weeks. I will live with the news feed pane till the Xperia comes back. Thanks for all the suggestions :-)

correct..figure the phone itself is ran by Google..so things like Google backing up your phone would be gone. google searches..

its gotta be something directly linked to the Google feed..or news feeds..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The app name will vary by device and Android version.  You can usually search the app name with the device model to better find out which app does what.  You might want to look at XDA's debloat list for the device.  Those lists usually include a description for each app.