Solved

Can't download images on android phone

Badge

In messages I receive notification that I have an image but am unable to download them.  I have an LG android phone

icon

Best answer by syaoran 16 May 2023, 17:25

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Cathy J , what message app are you using?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Also, many Android phones and their default built-in apps do not use wifi by default for SMS messaging. You typically have to change Android settings to send/receive SMS messages via wifi. If you haven’t done this and you’re using the default Android messaging app, the issue might have nothing to do with T-Mobile Home Internet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If WiFi Calling is enabled, then MMS messages should come through fine over WiFi.  Otherwise, you will need a data connection to download MMS images.  LG devices are all End of Life due to LG exiting the cellphone market years ago.  If you are using the default LG app for messages.  That might be the issue.  Try installing Android Messages to see if that solves the issue.  

Badge

I am using messages app

Badge

I recently disconnected from Verizon. I had no problems with images in message app

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you double checked the APN Settings in the Messaging app and in the device settings? 

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings#:~:text=In%20Settings%2C%20look%20under%20Wireless%20%26%20Networks%20or,update%20the%20following%20settings%20for%20the%20Data%20APN 

Badge

What is APN?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What is APN?

The APN is what allows your data and MMS messages to work.  Sometimes, texting apps can set the APN independently of the system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

do you have a data connection?