Solved

Can't send/receive MMS on Wi-Fi

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @magenta4936749 .

Have you been able to test the data to see if that works on Wi-Fi? I have heard of other folks testing an alternate app and being able to get MMS to work. If you have tried another app as suggested above, please let us know if it works with your MMS. Thanks.

Badge +1

This is a long term well known problem with T-Mobile. Your best bet is to download another text app, Textra is a great one, and use that. Textra has a toggle that turns off WiFi on the phone when sending MMS. It is specifically called the T-Mobile WiFi fix.

Hi Mike C- tried to find you a little earlier on here.  Lots of changes going on and discussions like this are necessary but lengthy and costly?  So after a very stressful and trying day and SOME PROGRESS but at great expense it seemed to me.......HOW can we make some DIFFERENT and POSSIBLY better changes?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Okay. To test data, you'd just open up a web browser and see if pages load or use apps that require data while connected to Wi-Fi. MMS requires a data connection so I'd just like to know if you can get it while you're on Wi-Fi.

This is true for both my work and home Wi-Fi, at the very least. How could I test data while connected to Wi-Fi?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for all that info, it does help isolate the issue. Have you tested other Wi-Fi connections to see if it works? Switching carriers shouldn't impact something like this. Have you also tested the data while connected to Wi-fi to make sure it's working?

Yes, it works on the T-Mobile network if Wi-Fi is turned off. It usually tries to download for several minutes (or tries to send for several minutes) before giving an error that it could not finish downloading or sending. As for the content of the conversation, it does not seem to matter if its a picture or a group MMS, I am unable to receive it or send it. This is true for the default messaging app--I switched to GoSMS to test and it seems to be sending MMS on Wi-Fi. Which I guess kind of helps but I really wish I could send it on my regular app...

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hmm, that's pretty odd but let's see what we can do to help. If you're connected to the T-Mobile network, does MMS work? Are you getting any error messages or does it just get stuck on "downloading." You'll wanna test with other senders as well as different message to see if there's a trend.