Question

Can't set notification sound for Messages app

• 28 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I just bought a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy A54 5G.  I can’t find a way to set a notification sound for the Messages app - or for any individual app! - but only a system-wide notification sound.  All the help I can find online says to go Settings - Apps, select the app, and under it Notifications.  When I do that the only choices are to turn sound and vibrate notifications on or off - nothing brings up a choice of notification sounds (or volume).  One help video says to select “Notification categories,” but that only brings up a list of on-off choices for the different notifications the app might send. 

3 replies

Badge +1

I found it!  It's well hidden.  On the “Notification categories” screen,  all that appears is a list of several categories with an on-off switch for each, but if you *long press* the name of the category, more options appear, including the notification sound. 

I have been nothing but disappointed in the TCL phone so got a year ago. Doesn't KEEP connectivity with my hearing aids, no matter what selections in setting I make to try to get a sound notification for messages I do not get an alert to new messages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

double check and make sure your connection for your hearing aids under bluetooth connections has call audio and media audio turned on.

are you by chance running anything like power saver mode on your phone?