Solved

concerned

• 24 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Is it possible for me to receive my daughter's messages without her knowing?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 24 October 2022, 14:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

No.

Userlevel 1

Now *I'm* concerned. 

Badge

if I'm paying 4 the service I should b able 2 view her messages..... 

Userlevel 1

if I'm paying 4 the service I should b able 2 view her messages..... 

Wow, I'm glad you weren't *my* father. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

then take her phone from her and look at them.

if not then its considered privacy since per you “im paying for the service so i should be able to view her messages”...this same thing would go for EVERYONE no matter age..personally i doubt my 19 year old son would want me digging through his personal texts just because i pay his bill and i can...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

While there are many reasons why a person would want to monitor the messages of a loved one, there are laws in place that prevent it without that person’s knowledge because it is considered an invasion of privacy. Even if the person being monitored is a minor, their privacy is protected under those laws. There are services available that allow you to see a person’s text messages, but they are going to get a notification that their activity can be seen. For example, you can look into our Digits features. You don’t have to pay any extra in order to see her call logs and text messages, but setting it up requires confirmation from her phone number and once it is fully set up, she will get a notification that she is being monitored. 

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/get-started-with-digits