Question

December 2022 security update for Note 20

• 6 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

What happened to the December security update for the Samsung Note 20 models? The last one I received was the November 1 release for my Note 20 Ultra 5G.

5 replies

Exactly, The only update showing is November update! I'm still running Android 12 One UI vs 4.1. It says we can download the firmware on our computer through Odin but I never trust that. Seems everyone else is getting the 13 n 5.1 but not the Note 20 series. Notes n Ultras the most expensive of Devices n unless we buy the latest n greatest Well we know the $$ pushers. It's a Mind game to force us to keep spending!!!

Total disrespect to the consumer, with blatant intent n Disregard to our investments!!! Maybe the 23 Series will fall flat with Karma Glaring back with equal Disregard as people realize the Manipulation being used against us.

Should be 5 years of support like Apple not 2-3 years forcing an upgrade! People can't keep affording $1200-2000 every 2-3 years not with this inflation!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There are still a lot.of devices waiting for the next security patch.  Due to the holiday season, the January security patch will more than likely be the next one you receive depending on the frequency of those security patch updates pushed by Samsung.  Security patches every 2 to 3 months seems about normal for a 3+ year old device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

might get lucky and it’ll be combined with the Android 13 update..or the update was more of a priority with Samsung than the security patch.

as of now Android 13 has been completed for the Note 20

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

might get lucky and it’ll be combined with the Android 13 update..or the update was more of a priority with Samsung than the security patch.

as of now Android 13 has been completed for the Note 20

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

The note 20 ultra update has been complete for a couple days, why can I not download it? I had some bugs after the last security update and I'm hoping Android 13 resolves that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

they dont release the updates in one fail swoop..theyre released in waves..first wave is a bit smallish..then a larger amount and then eventually its pushed to everyone..this is done in case issues start popping up they can shut the update down before it ends up wrecking to many devices out there.