Question

Does anyone with a S22 Ultra have a WIFI Calling Icon on there status bar who ISN'T Using the ESIM?

• 26 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

I don’t have a wifi calling icon on my status bar on my s22.

I can confirm wifi calling works because when I pull down the status bar to the notification panel it tells me i’m using t-mobile wifi calling (when I’m on wifi).

I’m not using the embedded ESIM, I’m using a real simcard (because I like to play with different phones and you can’t do that with the ESIM).

So what I’d like to know is

1. Is anyone who is using the ESIM seeing the wifi calling icon on their status bar?
  2. Is anyone who is using a physical sim card seeing the wifi calling icon?
  3. Does anyone see the wifi calling icon?

Like I said, I’d like to know if it’s a carrier issue, a sim property issue or a samsung bug.

4 replies

I'm trying to solve same issue...

No VoWifi or VoLTE icon in the tray when using T-Mobile (with SIM). I can see both icons for other provider (with SIM) but not for T-Mobile. I can know if Wifi calling  is available with T-Mobile only by network name "T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling".

With T-Mobile also backup calling does not work. This feature should allow to use WiFi calling using other SIM data on dual SIM phones when wifi is not available. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is it a TMO purchased phone or brought in as a BYOD from another carrier or unlocked direct from the OEM?

Mine is BYOD, unlocked, global version of S21. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

almost positive TMO uses their own variant of WFC compared to others..which if im thinking right is only loaded onto their variants of devices sold by them.

@syaoran  am i thinking correctly on this one?