Solved

does Xiaomi 12s ultra work with T-mobile?

• 21 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi, I’m planning to buy a Xiaomi 12s Ultra, will it work with T-mobile network?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 21 October 2022, 19:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It might be okay depending on what is deployed where you intend to use it.  It lacks 66 and 71 for 4G and only supports n41 for 5G.  More than likely, VoLTE and WiFi Calling will not work, meaning you won’t be able to make or receive calls because VoLTE is a requirement for T-Mobile’s service.  

Xiaomi 12S Ultra - Full phone specifications (gsmarena.com)

I’m not so sure that phone calls wouldn’t work.  The 12S Ultra does have the 2, 4, 5, and 12 bands for the 4G network, and I’m able to make calls over VoLTE on my Mi 9T which only has the 2, 4, and 5 (no 12, and no 5G at all)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’m not so sure that phone calls wouldn’t work.  The 12S Ultra does have the 2, 4, 5, and 12 bands for the 4G network, and I’m able to make calls over VoLTE on my Mi 9T which only has the 2, 4, and 5 (no 12, and no 5G at all)

Band 5 is only available on an island off of the coast of South Carolina.  VoLTE is ready hit and miss on devices from overseas.  It works on my MI MIX 3 with a global ROM as an example.  Whether or not 2, 4, and 12 are deployed where the person is, we don't know.  

Ah ok good to know.  So then the answer is more or less “Maybe but it depends on where you are” I guess

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Pretty much.  Not all Xiaomi devices get the same global support either.  Chinese ROM's are not too friendly with North American networks.