Solved

Esim for tourist

• 18 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi. Is it possible for a tourist to get esim from T-mobile in the US? I need a US phone number, and I would prefer esim, but I do not have a permanent address in the US, I just have my international passport with me. Can a T-mobile retail store help with that? What are the available plans? My phone is Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s. Thanks a lot in advance.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 18 November 2022, 10:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can get a prepaid eSIM at a T-Mobile store when you arrive in the US.

Badge

Thank you. I am sorry, I will be new to the US so sorry for the silly questions. So, if get a prepaid eSim plan, I will be paying for it in advance per month, correct? I can pay online every month? Or I have to physically pay at the store? Thus is because I will be traveling back and forth a few times a year, and would like to make sure that while I am outside the US, my US number is not terminated as I pay every month. Please let me know. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you. I am sorry, I will be new to the US so sorry for the silly questions. So, if get a prepaid eSim plan, I will be paying for it in advance per month, correct? I can pay online every month? Or I have to physically pay at the store? Thus is because I will be traveling back and forth a few times a year, and would like to make sure that while I am outside the US, my US number is not terminated as I pay every month. Please let me know. Thanks.

You can pay online each month for your prepaid plan.  To keep the number, the plan must be active.  If the plan goes inactive for 60 days, the account will be cancelled and the number will be available for another customer. 

Badge

Thank you! Can a tourist with no prior T-mobile number get $10/month T-mobile Connect sim card prepaid plan? When I check the the web-site, it says the plan is “available to all active customers”, and I do not know if that means I need to be an existing customer. I do not need data, I just need for now texting, calling within the USA so I am looking for the cheapest prepaid plan. But I am not sure if I need to show an address or driver’s license in the shop for T-mobile Connect because I will be traveling as a tourist. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Plans vary, especially this time of the year.  A store associate will be able to find you the best plan based on your needs.