Solved

Family Allowances

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Using family allowances I used to be able to turn sons phone off when needed, not just data, but made it where he couln’t use phone at all at night. I can turn data and wifi off but need to make it where he can’t make calls all through the night. This feature used to be available now it is not. 

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 22 November 2023, 20:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there @kecupII Our Family Allowances page on T-Mobile Support shows that you should still be able to set timeframes where the phone cannot be used except to contact always allowed numbers. 

You should be able to follow these steps. 

1. Access Family Allowances from My T-Mobile or the T-Mobile App. (the support page I shared has a link to get you there quickly 😁)
  2. Select the name of the line that you want to change.
  3. Select Schedule.
  4. Select the time of day that you want to block.
  5. Select Save.

Or get family link in app store for free.

I have family allowances turned on as well as the wifi network turned off so step daughter shouldn't be able to use her device after 11pm unless it's communicating with her father and I. However, tonight she was on the phone with a friend at almost midnight. Seems to me like it's not working like it should. Also you should be able to set the time windows to what you need, not the weird windows it offers. Please take a look at the programming for these "parental controls" and make some much needed updates. 

Why T-mobile is cheating with Family allowance option ? I tried many times and T-mobile customer service also could not fix . This does not work . Even after turned off , everything works.