Question

File a complaint with FCC.

• 24 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I purchased a Samsung s23fe and within 2 weeks I started having problems charging the phone so I bought new chargers. The phone has been trouble shooted, it's a defective USB port it would only charge wirelessly . Now the phone doesn't charge at all. It's completely off  It was less than 30 days that I started to complain but they wanted to do a warranty replacement when T-Mobile went to process my warranty form they found that the phone was not in their inventory to be sold the numbers inside the phone didn't match what they had sold to me. Now I have to wait for them to resolve their issue with the serial number. And T-Mobile corporate told me I bought the phone from a T-Mobile location but they operate as third party retailer, (Who knew this? The Store And my Receipt says T-Mobile on Wharton Street Pittsburgh PA)  customer care told me if I would have bought it from T-Mobile corporate location then they could return the phone and give me one in stock. Jenae a customer care representative said she notes my account to do buyer remorse at a Corporate location and get me a phone that was in stock and do a return 

I drove to the "corporate location" and they laughed me out of the store saying that customer care is wrong they cannot give me a return because they can't look up this other T-Mobile's information. And anything notes on my account is for me to wait til the other location resolves the serial number issues. 

So it's been an issue since Friday with the skus. I'm left with a unprocessed warranty form, a non working phone that I'm told I'll own on if I just leave TMobile the phone was bought on a promotion of Add a line and get a free phone. But if I leave I'll owe $1000 for the phone. That is defective! It should not be so hard to return a phone that you bought less then 30 days ago. 

How can T-Mobile sell me a phone that is not in their inventory? And then tell me they have to dispute this before they can process my warranty form??? Oh and its a T-Mobile store front but it's "third party" 

literally now I'm stuck with no working phone and they can't process my warranty form I'm told if someone will call me about my form and the SKU / IDM # numbers getting fixed on Friday coming up. So that's over one week that I'm supposed to be paying $130 a month for T-Mobile service and don't have a working phone?  And no idea when I'll get a replacement?

Also they said my bill would not change and they took away my hotspot and my insurance that I had before getting this phone. So yeah my bill is $130 like it was before but this phone is supposed to be free and I have no add-ons.now!! It's just $130 for the two lines a month. 

This is crazy and I need a phone! I work with pet care clients by the phone everyday and I'm using a phone from a friend with my sim card. 

I need HELP! 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i might have missed it in there but was this purchased from TMO or elsewhere then brought in to TMO as a BYOD? (Bring Your Own Device)

disregard. spotted that you purchased it from a 3rd party owned TMo store. unless they sold you a unlocked device they had to have botched it on their end when putting in the info.. do you by chance have a non 3rd party owned TMO store in town?

I purchased a Samsung s23fe and within 2 weeks I started having problems charging the phone so I bought new chargers. The phone has been trouble shooted, it's a defective USB port it would only charge wirelessly . Now the phone doesn't charge at all. It's completely off  It was less than 30 days that I started to complain but they wanted to do a warranty replacement when T-Mobile went to process my warranty form they found that the phone was not in their inventory to be sold the numbers inside the phone didn't match what they had sold to me. Now I have to wait for them to resolve their issue with the serial number. And T-Mobile corporate told me I bought the phone from a T-Mobile location but they operate as third party retailer, (Who knew this? The Store And my Receipt says T-Mobile on Wharton Street Pittsburgh PA)  customer care told me if I would have bought it from T-Mobile corporate location then they could return the phone and give me one in stock. Jenae a customer care representative said she notes my account to do buyer remorse at a Corporate location and get me a phone that was in stock and do a return 

I drove to the "corporate location" and they laughed me out of the store saying that customer care is wrong they cannot give me a return because they can't look up this other T-Mobile's information. And anything notes on my account is for me to wait til the other location resolves the serial number issues. 

So it's been an issue since Friday with the skus. I'm left with a unprocessed warranty form, a non working phone that I'm told I'll own on if I just leave TMobile the phone was bought on a promotion of Add a line and get a free phone. But if I leave I'll owe $1000 for the phone. That is defective! It should not be so hard to return a phone that you bought less then 30 days ago. 

How can T-Mobile sell me a phone that is not in their inventory? And then tell me they have to dispute this before they can process my warranty form??? Oh and its a T-Mobile store front but it's "third party" 

literally now I'm stuck with no working phone and they can't process my warranty form I'm told if someone will call me about my form and the SKU / IDM # numbers getting fixed on Friday coming up. So that's over one week that I'm supposed to be paying $130 a month for T-Mobile service and don't have a working phone?  And no idea when I'll get a replacement?

Also they said my bill would not change and they took away my hotspot and my insurance that I had before getting this phone. So yeah my bill is $130 like it was before but this phone is supposed to be free and I have no add-ons.now!! It's just $130 for the two lines a month. 

This is crazy and I need a phone! I work with pet care clients by the phone everyday and I'm using a phone from a friend with my sim card. 

I need HELP! 

Same thing here in Texas. Same exact scenario