Solved

forgot voicemail password

• 17 August 2021
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I forgot my voicemail password.  I taped a reminder on the back of the device and even know what it means but nothing I type works.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 17 August 2021, 22:06

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks Gramps! That is the code for resetting the voicemail password. We also have one that allows you to turn off the voicemail password. Check out all of our self-service short codes here: Self-service short codes | T-Mobile Support

-HeavenM

Try #793# in your dialer . It will reset it to the last 4 digits of your phone number.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn’t work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It worked on mine when I tested it. After you put in #793#  did you dial the number?

It’s 2021 and this worked perfectly on my Note 20.    It set it back to the last 4 digits.

What I would like to know is why it asks me for the PW in the first place, it didnt use too, just hit voicemail and went in automatically.

Thanks Gramps28.  It worked on my Galaxy S10+.  I would like to know why is asks for a PW as well.  My wife doesn’t have to do enter one on her phone. Ridiculous.

Galaxy S10+ won't work to reset my phone #793#   July 11 2022

Dialing #793# worked perfectly to reset the VM password to the last four on my Samsung Galaxy S23.  Thank you gramps28! 

Thanks! worked like a charm on my Pixel 7 in June 2023

i think they deleted my old one because i used too many consecutive numbers so i had to reset

#793# and hit call for the reset to your last 4 numbers

Badge

Of course, using #793# sets the password to a value that anyone that knows your phone number can guess. It’s bad security, and an inadequate substitute for resetting the password in your account settings interface, but the latter doesn’t seem to exist, so what can you do?

Supremely impressed with this post and info.   Keep up excellent work tmob community 👍

Omg thanks so much Gramps! You're still helping people with this problem up till today! 

I dialed the #793# on my phone dialer and it worked IMMEDIATELY. No issues at all. I'm using tmobile samsung galaxy s23 ultra. 

For the folks the code has not worked for, have you pressed the "call" button after typing in the code? You don't just type it in. You have to also tap the button you'd normally tap as if you're making a call, but it will run the code instead. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Of course, using #793# sets the password to a value that anyone that knows your phone number can guess. It’s bad security, and an inadequate substitute for resetting the password in your account settings interface, but the latter doesn’t seem to exist, so what can you do?

After you reset to the last four most people then change it.

Worked for my Galaxy S8! This voicemail account hadn’t been used in years. Dial #793# like it is a phone number. Took two tries but worked! Thank you so much!

It's definitely no working for me, I have a Samsung s23 ultra, and I tried the code

Gramps, do you know if this will also work with a T-Mobile MVNO line? 

Thank you it worked 🙂

Didn’t work on an iPhone SE, 1st generation.