Solved

Galaxy S20 all pictures and video coming as "Large file available, click to download/play"

• 12 August 2023
  • 18 replies

Badge

Starting this afternoon all pictures or videos that have been sent to me have come in as “Large file available, click to download/play” regardless of file size. Is there a way to fix this? I have a galaxy S20.

Don’t know if it matters, but I am behind on my bill with a payment arrangement in place.

icon

Best answer by greentree 13 August 2023, 00:12

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is your messaging app set to automatically download pictures and videos automatically?  Have you recently updated or switched messaging apps?

Badge

Is your messaging app set to automatically download pictures and videos automatically?  Have you recently updated or switched messaging apps?

Still using the messages app under regular settings. I haven’t changed or updated anything recently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You might want to check the setting and try toggling it off and back on again just to see if it's an odd hiccup.

Mine just started doing the same thing. S23+. It's really irritating

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have an S23 Ultra and haven't experienced that issue.  I don't use the stock messaging app from Samsung though.  I use Pulse SMS.  I am also running the Android 14/One UI 6 beta that was released yesterday also.  

Me too.  I'm not ignorant to technology and have checked every setting through the app and through the phone.  Link sharing is off.  Large files are accepted. None of the other phones on my account are doing it. Grrrr. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try a different messaging app, like Android Messages to see if it happens using that.  

Same thing started happening on my wife’s Samsung A52 yesterday. Checked all settings and everything seems normal. All pictures and gifs sent come across only if we download from the link with the “large file available” message. Files over 1MB and one tried that was 660KB have the same problem. MMS set to accept sizes much larger. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile's maximum MMS size is 1000kb.  

“MMS” is probably not the correct word. Her problem is in chat using the Google message app. In that the multimedia limit it 9765MB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Chat for Google Messages uses RCS.  That is a whole other mess.  Have you tried disabling RCS to see if that solves your issue?

FIXED: I have two Galaxy S8’s. One started having “arriving as large file available click to download” two days ago. Probably a bug. Go to Settings, APPS, Messages settings, Chat settings, Multimedia Limit. Click “Automatically accept all”, THEN click automatically accept files less than 9765 MB in size. Click back and forth a couple times. Leave it on accept files less than 9765 MB in size. Restart phone, don’t shut it off, RESTART. If that doesn’t fix it, also go to Apps, messages, storage, Click Clear Cache and then Restart the phone.

I tried clearing cache earlier and that didn’t fix it, but I did not think to add restarting. I also tried changing the multimedia file limit to “accept all” and it’s still set that way. I didn’t switch between that and the 9765 MB limit a few times, just left it on “accept all”. I just now restarted the phone and the problem seems to be gone. Hopefully, it’s fixed now.

I'm having this problem for days, tried all the tips others suggest here, no fix. My wife has the exact same phone and setup, hers is fine

Same problem  no fix.,only on one phone. Don't  think there is a fix to this just an intermitten  glitch that might be around for a while.

Same problem.  Tried all the suggestions.  Still not fixed.

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S21. Tried all the suggestions and it still isn’t working.  Is there anyone from TMobile looking into this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S21. Tried all the suggestions and it still isn’t working.  Is there anyone from TMobile looking into this? 

which texting app does the S21 use? if its the Samsung one try a different texting app to see if the problem is the app itself.