Question

Galaxy S20FE screen lock PIN won't work any more!

• 18 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

After the last October update, my wife’s Galaxy S20FE won’t get past the lock screen. It tells her the PIN is incorrect.  She’s sure she entered the right PIN.  I took it to our local T-Mobile store, and they did a factory reset.  While I was setting it up, I noticed a six-digit PIN is now required instead of five.  I have the same phone, and when I enter my five digit PIN, it won’t respond, like it’s waiting for that extra digit.  I can still unlock mine with my fingerprint, but the next update is going to require a six digit PIN to unlock it.  I’ve gone to my settings to change it, but I can’t get it to recognize my PIN to change it to a six-digit one.  What do I do to keep the next update from locking me out of my phone? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact Samsung and have them troubleshoot it with you. is this to unlock the screen or to sign back into all your Google stuff etc?

Badge

It’s to unlock the screen.  I talked to a heavily-accented Samsung rep, and unfortunately, it sounds like I’m going to have to do a factory reset to change the PIN.  Guess it’s time for me to back up everything possible and then restart from scratch.  I wish there was a workaround, because restoring all my stuff is a PITA. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

restoring stuff for the last say 5+ years has been drastically easier than prior to that lol..i used to dread having to do it...now its just more of a pain having to sign back into everything that isnt auto signing in.

weird that out of the blue the lock screen security would make ANY changes… its so bottom of the barrel when it comes to things on the phone that might need fixed or updated lol.

I cannot set the pin, password, pattern on my s20 fe after factory resetting my phone.