Question

Galaxy S21 Series June 2022 OTA Update

• 18 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

I have a S21+ and I am on the west coast and have not received the monthly update yet. Has anybody heard any information on this subject? 

9 replies

Yeah I haven't heard a peep. It'll be July soon. I'm sure they'll push the update before then though. Hopefully.

I tried to find out from Support... They couldn't find any information either.

So strange, 3 weeks after Samsung released security update, nothing from TMobile, normally they get it out quickly. 

I tried to find out from Support... They couldn't find any information either.

So strange, 3 weeks after Samsung released security update, nothing from TMobile, normally they get it out quickly. 

LMAO! TMO Support has NEVER been helpful in regards to update details. Wishful thinking.

6/22 and still no June update. We'll get it when we get it. 🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

yeah no carrier is going to put a date out there for anything..something happens and its delayed and what happens then? theyre being called  liars because that mentioned date just went on by without anything

yeah no carrier is going to put a date out there for anything..something happens and its delayed and what happens then? theyre being called  liars because that mentioned date just went on by without anything

You're 💯% correct. Plus, most of my experience, support seems to not have much info anyway about firmware updates etc. You'd usually have to get to a 2nd or 3rd layer of support to get not do common knowledge support. I don't blame them though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

correct..support isnt part of R&D for updates and such..they dont exactly share info with each other lol.

plus if it hasnt been publicly announced no one can say anything if they enjoy their paycheck lol..

you would have better odds getting date info from other well known sources than the actual carriers..

correct..support isnt part of R&D for updates and such..they dont exactly share info with each other lol.

plus if it hasnt been publicly announced no one can say anything if they enjoy their paycheck lol..

you would have better odds getting date info from other well known sources than the actual carriers..

Agreed. We just have to be patient.

Or get ride of your smart phone, buy a prepaid dumb phone and never have to worry about system/firmware updates again 🤣🤣🤣.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

jump back to the flip phones and they’ll never have to worry about when an update will kick out ever again lol.

Finally got it this morning.