Solved

Game Spotlight

• 20 October 2022
  • 23 replies

Badge

A notification popped up on my phone today about Game Spotlight. Finding no other option to discard or disable this message I did the “tap to set it up”, hoping to see a way to disable it. After tapping the option to “Never” set it up, I now have the same set up message and a “check it out” message tha tis 4 times in size!!

I have no intention of using this service. How can it be bypassed or removed? Or maybe it time for a new carrier?

By the way, my 611 call was a huge waste of time. What happened to real people for support?

icon

Best answer by Maia 25 November 2022, 11:54

View original

23 replies

For Android just tap and Hold on the notification when it comes out on the notification bar and turn it off 

I also find myself increasingly upset with T-Mobile in the way they try to force customers into downloading their or Googles apps. I do not want game apps on my phone. Game Spotlight is not someting I am interested in. It would be fine to offer it, but no way to say no I don’t want it doesn’t fly with me. When it is time to buy a new phone, I will seriously investigate other companys that do not use such tactics with their customers. I would say T-Mobile is seriously close to Xfinity in the way they are treating their customers (in my mind that is a serious slam!). 611 used  to be awesome. Now it is a bunch of canned questions expecting canned answers in return. And how many times does an individual need to log in to chat with a virtual assistant. Where is the T-Mobile I did business with for years. I can no longer recommend it to my friends and am sorry I recommended it to those I already have. Since chat and 611 did not help me I will be an angry customer at one of your stores soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I also find myself increasingly upset with T-Mobile in the way they try to force customers into downloading their or Googles apps. I do not want game apps on my phone. Game Spotlight is not someting I am interested in. It would be fine to offer it, but no way to say no I don’t want it doesn’t fly with me. When it is time to buy a new phone, I will seriously investigate other companys that do not use such tactics with their customers. I would say T-Mobile is seriously close to Xfinity in the way they are treating their customers (in my mind that is a serious slam!). 611 used  to be awesome. Now it is a bunch of canned questions expecting canned answers in return. And how many times does an individual need to log in to chat with a virtual assistant. Where is the T-Mobile I did business with for years. I can no longer recommend it to my friends and am sorry I recommended it to those I already have. Since chat and 611 did not help me I will be an angry customer at one of your stores soon.

that would be all of them..you purchase a carrier variant you get carrier apps pushed down your throat..

go to any carriers forums and do a search for Bloatware and see what all pops up.

The program that automatically downloads them onto your phone is calld AppSelector, find it under your application management to remove it entirely.

Haven't had any notification since on my android after doing this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There are ways to remove carrier bloat, like by using ADB commands as one method that does not require rooting your device.  Bloat definitely sucks but as mentioned, all carriers do it and even non-carrier models have their fair share of bloat as well, Samsung probably being the worst.  

I whole heartly agree that T-Mobile has definitely changed. It happened right after they acquired Sprint or vice versa however that worked. I praised T-Mobile always and now I'm definitely considering changing. This new game thing is absurd. I deselected every option or recommendation but I still get unrequested game downloads. Bloatware I understand but this is straight forced consent, because it makes you agree to the stupid thing just to get rid of the notification. If you're gonna just do it, just do it. Which leads me to believe they need us to consent but make it absolutely impossible to decline it. 

I’m already sick of the Game Spotlight.  I agree with the others...no way to turn it off!  Geeeez!  This is terrible service.  I would much prefer to have T-Mobile provide better calling service.  Every time I have to make a phone call, I have to turn WiFi OFF and restart my phone.  Going to customer service is useless, because one of the first things the pre-recorded message tells you is that most problems can be resolved by restarting your phone!  I NEVER had this problem with Verizon!  The home internet service from T-Mobile is the reason I switched and I’m very happy with it, but the phone service is terrible!  Hey, T-Mobile - focus on the basics!

I’m already sick of the Game Spotlight.  I agree with the others...no way to turn it off!  Geeeez!  This is terrible service.  I would much prefer to have T-Mobile provide better calling service.  Every time I have to make a phone call, I have to turn WiFi OFF and restart my phone.  Going to customer service is useless, because one of the first things the pre-recorded message tells you is that most problems can be resolved by restarting your phone!  I NEVER had this problem with Verizon!  The home internet service from T-Mobile is the reason I switched and I’m very happy with it, but the phone service is terrible!  Hey, T-Mobile - focus on the basics!

This happened to my BF phone.  You need a new Sim card.  More than likely you had sprint when the turk happened and or you haven't upgraded your Sim to the 5G.  His is all good now 

I'm having the same spotlight problem.  I can not get this off my phone.  Every week downloading stupid things

Thanks, but no.  I was not previously on Sprint, so that's not the problem.  And, I just got this phone a few months ago and it was new with 5G from the start.

If this is related to the ‘game of the week’ automated downloads that I also found myself stuck with:

(following the advise of someone above regarding an ‘app selector’)

I went to Settings>Apps>AppManager and removed it. Will see if this in fact works or not.

(Samsung Galaxy S21)

The above did not work (AppManager). After yet another download this week, I found it was linked to something called AppSelector, which I found in the same place as the AppManager, though this was not present or visible when I was in the list 4 days ago. Seems extremely sus… I uninstalled the AppSelector. We’ll see if THAT works. If I get another download next week, I can only assume it’s something else not clearly visible (or possibly not even installed on the phone itself) that is reinstalling the manager/selector application every week, which means you can’t actually turn it off from your phone Next will be an angry phone call to T-Mobile. 

I finally realized it is the game launcher. Disable it and it's gone!!

I'm having the same spotlight problem.  I can not get this off my phone.  Every week downloading stupid things

If you're using a samsung phone. Try this, go to settings, in the search bar inside of settings menu type "apps" click on apps then look for the app "in pink" app manager and uninstall it. For app selector disable it but dont believe thats from t mobile, i disabled it anyways. That should do the trick

For Android just tap and Hold on the notification when it comes out on the notification bar and turn it off 

Doesnt work. Tried that.

If you're using a samsung phone. Try this, go to settings, in the search bar inside of settings menu type "apps" click on apps then look for the app "in pink" app manager and uninstall it. For app selector disable it but dont believe thats from t mobile, i disabled it anyways. That should do the trick

It's a TMOBILE App spotlight. And I tried that as well. Can't find it anywhere in my phone. I deleted the app once and it is still downloading games.

I don't remember seeing this before so it might be a new feature, but you now have the option to disable Game Spotlight.

1. "Pull down" on the notification to expand it

2. Click "Spotlight Settings" on the bottom left

3. Choose how often you want to discover a new game then hit "Done"

Note: If you choose "Never" it will warn you that if you proceed, you will never have the chance to sign up for Game Spotlight again.

I'm having the same spotlight problem.  vidmate.app
stream videos

Been a long time fan of tmobile. But after this,  they have lost my trust today. I couldn't find some of the solutions listed here. Which makes me think they are changing it to avoid detection.  Appselector is the one I removed. We'll see if it works

Step 1. Does not work…

1. "Pull down" on the notification to expand it.…

I don't have an active notification for Game Spamlight.

Does anyone know how to access Game Junklight without an active notification.

I disabled the T-Mobile “Tuesdays” app and it stopped happening to me

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It must be a giveaway from Tmobile Tuesday that was redeemed  because I have Tmobile Tuesday app and I don't get that pop up.

uninstalling App Selector doesn’t work - the clowns at tm will just reinstall it…  After deleting the garbage months ago the idiots at TM thought it would be a good idea to reinstall the app about two weeks ago.  I uninstalled, and it appeared again today.  Looks like TM is looking for a way to further annoy their customers by constantly reinstalling garbage nobody wants…  

Hey TM, I’m a customer, not a constant marketing opportunity...😡😡😡