Solved

Hard to believe

• 8 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am thinking about getting either the Samsung Fold V or the Pixel Fold and wanted some information about the T-Mobile protection plans. I asked on a chat line what the deductible for a lost phone is and was told $500. I asked about the deductible for a damaged screen and was told $199. Both of those figures sound very high for what is already a high priced protection plan. 

The monthly cost of the plans from T-Mobile (I was told) is $25/month, so the deductibles seem really high. The plan from Samsung costs $15/month and the deductibles are supposed to be much lower, so I wanted to ask if the T-Mobile plan is reliable? That is, if I buy the phone and buy the plan and have a claim will it get handled quickly and easily? Or is it going to be a pain?

I have previously had iPhones and bought the AppleCare plans, and the only claim I ever made (for a broken screen) was handled quickly and Apple sent me back a brand new phone. Can I expect that kind of response from the T-Mobile plans?

icon

Best answer by nc1037 8 October 2023, 21:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Wow, those are crazy high prices.  It does appear that they quoted correctly for a “Tier 6” device:

Protection 360 Brochure

Don’t rule out “self-insurance” as an option.  It’s probably less of a hassle also!  

good luck!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I generally get all my protection through the manufacture. Have had less of a problem when I’ve had to have a problem with the device resolved.

Horrible device insurance. After months of paying that extra fee, my screen broke (had never happened before and been with them for over a decade). Their response: “oops, looks like something is wrong in the system with your coverage….. not covered”. But still they took my money for all those months. At this point I’m only keeping my service out of convenience. NOT recommended to get the protection plan.