Question

Has anyone gotten rid of the "new notification- content hidden"

• 14 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Since I update to Android 14 and UI 6 I have had a unremovable notification.  All it says is "New notification - content hidden".   There does not seem to be a way to get rid of it.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I never had that issue with my Pixels, might be a Samsung issue.

@syaoran 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I haven't seen anything like that on my s23 Ultra.  I was an official beta tester for One UI 6/Android 14.  Are you sure this isn't something from some rogue app you might have installed?

Came here to say the same. The UI 6.0 update was pushed to my S23 today, along with 2 security updates. I'm pretty sure the icon appeared after the first security update.

When I select it, it asks for biometrics and send me to a toggle for enhanced business ID.

It was on, however turning it off did nothing.

Funnily enough, the icon seen in the pull-down menu looks alot like the locked folders icon.

Since I update to Android 14 and UI 6 I have had a unremovable notification.  All it says is "New notification - content hidden".   There does not seem to be a way to get rid of it.

I came on here looking for the same answers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Persistent notifications are the worst!! Nothing bothers me more than having a notification at the top of my screen that I just cannot get rid of. I don’t see any published known issues for this error, but I can provide some general troubleshooting steps that might help:

1. Restart your device: This can often resolve minor software glitches and issues. (Probably done by many of you, but I mention it just in case.)

2. Check for any pending software updates: If the manufacturer becomes aware of a glitch from an update, they often send out a patch to fix it. You can do this by going to Settings > Software Update.

3. Check app notification settings: Go to Settings > Apps > Select the app that might be causing the notification (you might find the icon that matches the notification) > Notifications > and adjust the settings as needed.

4. Safe mode: Boot your device in safe mode to see if a third-party app might be causing the issue. If the issue doesn't persist in safe mode, it's likely an app causing the problem. You can then uninstall apps one by one to identify the culprit.

Let us know if any of these help or if you found another way to get the notification to go away. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Check your secure folder if you have that on. 

I have been searching for the same answers. And I've done all things listed above the icon is still at top of screen. Only thing I can think of is taking phone to store to have an associate look at it.