Question

How do I scan a QR code with Galaxy a12?

• 12 January 2022
  • 10 replies

Badge

How do I scan a QR code with Galaxy a12?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I use the one in my Firefox keyboard , a lot easier to find.

QR scanner is not where you’d expect.  Forget the camera or internet settings.  Go to settings/connections/wifi.  In the upper right corner you’ll see an icon that looks like an X with arrows pointing outward.  Tap on it. What looks like the camera will come up along with text saying “find a QR code”

I'm another who has an A12 with NO built-in QR scanner.  There aren't any switches mentioning QR in my camera or indeed  anywhere on my phone... except that after an afternoon with Samsung tech help I ended up turning on a QR capability under developer options that was supposed to  fill in for what I'm missing but actually only wants to do what it says: "Pair device with QR code". Frustration continues. The many free apps are full of 'accidental on purpose' clicks. Hate 'em 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

every time i have did anything with a QR code i just pulled up my camera and it auto sensed it when i aimed at it.

Badge

over 2 hrs. with 2 different reps telling me what SHOULD be happening. interminable holds. final solution: new phone ordered and on the way. neither rep would admit that the problem was widespread but there seem to be a lot of queries on the subject. modern CS sucks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Also look in your camera app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Look in your apps.

Badge

they seem clueless

Badge

i’m on the phone now with the 2nd rep. they insist my phone has the scanner built in

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I use Firefox and when you open a new page there's an option to scan for a QR code.

If your phone doesn't have one installed you can go to the play store and download one.