Question

how to download the text messages from my phone with out having my phone

• 13 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just want to be able to download my text messages off of my phone or that were sent to and from my phone from a different device both are on my account both are my phones so I'm trying to transfer data from one phone to the other without having one of the phones to transfer from

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Other than asking the NSA for a copy, I don’t know of any way to do this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What it sounds like you want to do is, to download text messages from another device not used by you but that device and number are a part of your T-Mobile account.  Is that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Text messaging is a heavily used form of communication nowadays and being able to sync those between multiple phones can be extremely useful. There are some privacy guidelines in place that prevent message sharing between multiple devices without having both devices in hand and opted in. There are many messaging and backup apps that would allow you manage messages on multiple devices. DIGITs is a built-in feature for all T-Mobile phone numbers so you can use the DIGITS app or web client to view those messages, but there is some setup and verification that would require you to have both phones. 

Without having the second phone available to opt-in, the sync options for messaging are very limited.