Solved

How to return to previous software update?

• 20 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

My Samsung A53 phone did an automatic update this morning, now features are not working properly.  How do i go back to previous version asap?

Issues I've noticed in the first 5 minutes of use after upgrade:

• Music on spotify cuts in and out every second or so, when spotify is not the top window on the screen
  • When on Mozilla Firefox, the screen locks up, goes black, then back button, home button and button that displays currently opened apps do not function, even though they are still visible at the bottom of the screen.
  • My phone is unuseable, since the above two issues are my main use.
icon

Best answer by syaoran 20 January 2024, 18:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

To go backwards, you must flash the device with a previous firmware, which will wipe your device completely.  That will not stop it from updating again though.  You might as well do a factory reset and see if that solves your issues with the current firmware.  Major Android updates, like Android 14.  It is always recommended to factory reset after the update to make sure that you experiemce the least amount of potential issues.

here’s the neat part, you can’t. Tmobile pushes there mandatory monthly updates and NEVER tests them out. You’re forced to do the OS update and you’re just shafted if there’s bugs (every single android security patch breaks something)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile has very little to do with the updates.  The major updates are pushed by the manufacturer of the device after T-Mobile has approved them but minor updates don't need any approval.  I literally kept my s23 Ultra on November 2023's firmware until almost the end of January when I finally device I didn't think rooting it was worth it and updated the device to current, patching the bootloader unlock exploit.  

T-Mobile has very little to do with the updates.  The major updates are pushed by the manufacturer of the device after T-Mobile has approved them but minor updates don't need any approval.  I literally kept my s23 Ultra on November 2023's firmware until almost the end of January when I finally device I didn't think rooting it was worth it and updated the device to current, patching the bootloader unlock exploit.  

Tmobile makes many changes to the OS before pushing out it’s version to users. They often remove features like the ability to chance from 5g to 4g. That braindead change has me staying on july 2023 forever. tmobile has AWFUL 5g technology so sometimes you need to switch the 4g again. removing that feature was just them trying to make you upgrade your phone.

not to mention the constant bugs in every security patch on the tmobile firmware that you can’t do anything about. those bugs never get fixed in later updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Tmobile makes many changes to the OS before pushing out it’s version to users. They often remove features like the ability to chance from 5g to 4g. That braindead change has me staying on july 2023 forever. tmobile has AWFUL 5g technology so sometimes you need to switch the 4g again. removing that feature was just them trying to make you upgrade your phone.

not to mention the constant bugs in every security patch on the tmobile firmware that you can’t do anything about. those bugs never get fixed in later updates.

The only thing outside of a little testing that T-Mobile contributes to device firmware, is their third part developed bloatware and carrier aggregation settings.  Like and said and belive it or not.  Those updates come from the manufacturer, not the carrier.