Question

How to switch sim to esim for Samsung galaxy s22+?

• 23 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a Samsung galaxy s22+. I would like to switch the current physical sim card to eSim.

1. Is it possible to replace?
  2. If so, how to switch it?
  3. For the overseas travel, If I add the local eSim or sim in the phone, can I use the dual numbers? 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you purchased your device from T-Mobile.  It will need to be SIM unlocked before you can use another providers SIM in it, even if that is an eSIM.  Depending on how long you will be traveling, a temporary SIM unlock might be adequate.   

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Using a pSIM + eSIM will give you a dual SIM setup.  There are options to enable or disable depending on how you want to device to work when more than one SIM is usable.  Like data switching to the other SIM while on a call as an example.  

There should be an option to convert your pSIM to eSIM in the Settings.  Try the Add eSIM and that should allow you to convert the physical SIM you have to an eSIM, if you want to do that.  Otherwise, I would suggest using eSIM for your local SIM where you are traveling to.