Solved

I hid my Tmobile network, now I can't access it from mobile app?

• 7 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I hid my wifi name  per instructions at Tmobile help.

But now I can’t SEE the wifi name to make a connection.

How can I re-connect to the router? 

I dont want the Network to be broadcast to the neighbor, but I need to access the network at times.

Is this a over-sight with the mobile app? An owner of the router should be able to SEE and access the router.

icon

Best answer by nc1037 7 April 2024, 02:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Two ways.

1. Whatever device you are trying to connect should have an option to manually enter the name of your hidden network.  You need to look around.  You key in the network name, then the password.
  2. Temporarily Un-hide the network so you see it in the list of available networks.  After connection, hide it again.  Just open the T Mobile Internet app, tap the Network tab, tap the name of your network, scroll to the bottom and move the slider for Hidden to turn it off.  Save.  It will take a couple of minutes and will be offline for part of that time.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I missed that you are talking about your phone.  Your phone should have saved the network name and password.  It should show up in your network list.  If it really isn’t shown, you should see something like “Other Network” that lets you type in your network’s name.

Badge

Hi, tnx for the reply.   I am sorry if I wasn’t clear on my post. 

On the Tmoblie app on my Android, I set the Tmobile black box to “Hidden”.  Now my other computers via wifi try to connect with the password and they can see a hidden network , but can’t connect with the correct password.

It was working before I hide the ID, so I would like to make the ID visible again, but can’t find the TAB or correct part of the android app to re-activate the ID.

So, to repeat, I would like to make the black box wifi ID visible again, Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

See my first post, #2.  

Badge

nc1037  Thanks for your help.