Question

LG IMS Has Stopped working fix is coming from LG soon

• 23 May 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I talked with LG Support chat and they are aware of the issue and are hoping to push a fix out in the next 24 hours.

I asked them specifically if they will do this fix for older phones like the LG v20, and they said “yes”.

The “fix” will be pushed to your phone and found in the same spot as your regular LG Phone updates were located.

8 replies

Userlevel 1

put the phone on airplane mode. 

Then

Force stop/clear data from com.lge.ims.rcsprovider

This makes is stop, but phone does not work

Then

go to phone, dial 277634#*# to access secret menu

Then 

Go to IMS SETTINGS and switch IP VERSION to IPV4V6

Then restore phone functionality by switching airplane mode off.

Haven't seen the error since doing this.

I'm still stopping auto pay and switching providers. Done with this company. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

The above fix does not work for me.

When I go to IMS setting, it keeps “bouncing” back to Hidden Menu, and I can’t get to the IP version to change it.  Planning on dumping this phone and upgrading, at any rate (no LG, they’re out of this, anyway, I understand.)

Do it this way.

airplane mode on <apps> drop down menu to <show system> <com.lge.ims.rcsprovider> <storage> <clear cache> <clear data> back one screen <force stop> airplane mode off

Userlevel 2

There are many, many concurrent threads on this same issue on this forum.  Search for “LG IMS Keeps Stopping” and you will find at least six other threads.

The local T-Mobile store told us they have been flooded with desperate customers with “bricked” LG phones and T-Mobile is selling phones so fast they are worried about running out of stock.  They convinced us to purchase two new Samsung phones before they are gone.

Please, if you hear that a “fix” is being pushed out by LG, try to find out if it will work on WiFi now that our old LG phones are no longer connected to T-Mobile!  They are continuing to flash the error messages every 3 seconds on both phones!

From your home screen, please go into Settings.

Under the Networks tab, and select Mobile Networks.

In this menu go to Access Point Names. Hit 3 dots. Hit Restore Default Settings.

You may see the option for Disable 2G and 3g.

This setting will disable 2G and 3g service on the device.

LTE enables and IMS may correct. 💯 

Leave feedback if I helped you. :)

Happy to help. 😊

..…

Not much if any change

From your home screen, please go into Settings.

Under the Networks tab, and select Mobile Networks.

In this menu go to Access Point Names. Hit 3 dots. Hit Restore Default Settings.

You may see the option for Disable 2G and 3g.

This setting will disable 2G and 3g service on the device.

LTE enables and IMS may correct. 💯 

Leave feedback if I helped you. :)

Happy to help. 😊

..…

Early on in this fiasco, support suggested I backup the device and do a “Factory Reset”. That didn’t work, so I didn’t restore my data from the backup.

This morning, I did another reset and the problem went away. I restored everything from backup and the system is still good.

Of course, they won’t tell us what caused this mess.