Solved

"LG IMS keeps stopping"

This started on one family member’s V30 yesterday and another today.

This affects more than one LG model.

Obviously T-mobile has changed something in the network.

See this thread here:

I have tried safe-mode, Disabling mobile data. Etc, etc. including all suggested on the internet and above thread with no success.

I would advise against making any changes until an official response is issued from someone with sufficient knowledge to understand what network-wide changes were made and explain how to correct the problem or how T-mobile intends to correct the problem.

I worked this issue for more than 8 hours today!

icon

Best answer by fidget37 22 May 2022, 23:37

View original

96 replies

ok, just used the following suggestion:

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

Force stop and clear data.

This has fixed the issue for my mother’s v20.  At least for now…

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

Thank you thank you...seems to have stopped!!

Userlevel 3

There is nothing wrong with your LG phones.  This is a T-Mobile network problem.  LG has not made any changes to their cell phone android operating system or system apps, so T-Mobile must have made a network change that caused this error to pop-up.  Push T-Mobile to correct their error.

Userlevel 1
Badge

This issue just hit my wife’s phone. Did the obvious things, restart, attempt to close, disable, etc. We have identical LG phones “G7 ThinQ”.  These are Android 10 phones.  Now I’m concerned if mine will show the same issues.  I hope that this is a transient issue on T-Mobiles part.

Same here… I have a LG G7 ThinQ.   Just started today.

Userlevel 1

This is definetly a T Mobile issue! I went in to the store and they told me LG updated/took away messaging overnight. Butmy daughter has a LG same phone as me but it is a sprint phone on tmobile network. They are lying anwe should be refunded or something. Iwas told my phone will never work again because LG stopped making them and tmobile is shutting stuff down on them.. A way to force us into buying an expensive new phone. I am beyond upset!!!!! Done with tmobile! 

Userlevel 1

it looks like a sim card issue when i took it out it stopped

I did take out the sim card and yes it stopped. I waited about 10 seconds and there was no “LG IMS keeps stopping” message. I placed the sim card back in and it took about 4 seconds for the “LG IMS keeps stopping” message to pop up again. UGH! I guess I’ll just wait for them to figure it out. They need to hurry because I can’t work like this. 

Userlevel 1

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

I tried this as well but this did not work for me. 

Userlevel 1

I called TMOBILE for my LG phone and the automated system says there seems to be an outage in my area that may not allow for phone calls to be made in the area. Well duh! I am able to make and receive calls on my LG; its just the “LG IMS keeps stopping” message. I have no problems with my Samsung or iPhones.  

Tmobile says its an LG issue and to call them l  833-378-0003.  Problem is,, I can’t make a phone call.

UPDATE from Tmobile:  Oh my! I can't imagine what you're feeling right especially that you don't have a spare phone right now to use just to have this issue and I know how essential our service and phone can be, but one's thing for sure is that LG is now working double time to fix this issue as this only temporary and this would definitely get fixed in no time. This may not be T-Mobile's issue but we're to help and assure that they are working on the clock now for you. Sounds good?

My K40 has the issue but my wife’s K20 does not.  She is running Android 9.   May be a problem with Android 10

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Did not work for me as well. It kept turning back on immediately.

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

This worked for me as far as being able to send/ receive. Thanks. Popup still is active tho.  Tmobile says LG is aware of issue and working on it.

Badge

Read this and try the solutions.

What Is LG IMS? And How To Fix "Unfortunately, LG IMS Has Stopped"? | Yoodley

Badge

You can also turn off Wi-Fi calling.

Userlevel 2
Badge

As noted above by others, This worked for our two LG Stylo 4 phones on android 8.1 (I think that’s the version #):

SHUT OFF WiFi. This is one of the triggers for the issue. Just use the cellular data capability of the phone, people.  Just shut it OFF, T-mobile is counting any WiFi data towards your limit (if you have one) anyways!!! It’s also MORE SECURE than the starbucks WiFi people...

CLEAR DATA then FORCE STOP.

DO NOT turn off the phone,

Why are these LGs at andriod v 8.1 when everyone else seems to be at v 10 ???

I may be new here, but I’m definitely not new to IT.

Guys I as well had the same problem with my LG V40 thinq. Tried most that have been mentioned, but this has worked so far for over 2 hours now…

Settings

Apps & notifications

App info

three dots upper right

Show system

com.lge.ims.rcsprovider

Storage

Clear Data

it’s worked so far

Guys I as well had the same problem with my LG V40 thinq. Tried most that have been mentioned, but this has worked so far for over 2 hours now…

Settings

Apps & notifications

App info

three dots upper right

Show system

com.lge.ims,rcsprovider

Storage

Clear Data

it’s worked so far

Userlevel 1

Tmobile says its an LG issue and to call them l  833-378-0003.  Problem is,, I can’t make a phone call.

UPDATE from Tmobile:  Oh my! I can't imagine what you're feeling right especially that you don't have a spare phone right now to use just to have this issue and I know how essential our service and phone can be, but one's thing for sure is that LG is now working double time to fix this issue as this only temporary and this would definitely get fixed in no time. This may not be T-Mobile's issue but we're to help and assure that they are working on the clock now for you. Sounds good?

Are they just pointing fingers at each other and no one doing anything? This just started today so one of you did this. Either T-mobile or Lg. Why is it saying LG IMS? One of you fix it now.

Userlevel 1

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

This worked for me as far as being able to send/ receive. Thanks. Popup still is active tho.  Tmobile says LG is aware of issue and working on it.

This did not work for me.

I reset my phone, that didn’t solve the issue!

I just spoke with TMobile they gave me LG phone number to call to fix this issue 833-378-0003. 

Badge

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

This issue started popping up on my LG G7 today.  Used the steps above and has worked so far. 

it looks like a sim card issue when i took it out it stopped

Yes, without SIM, it’s OK. with SIM happens again. T-mobile have to resolve this problem..

Got off the phone with Tmobile and of course they are pointing the finger at LG and an update they did. Rep said I had to call LG to resolve. Has any other carriers had this issue with LG phones or is it just Tmobile?

Userlevel 1

I tried just about all the solutions here and still nothing. I tried removing SIM card, tried the steps in the settings, tried calling the phone number to change ip address but couldn't find it, I am frustrated with this now and it pissed me off because it interrupts whatever I do on my phone and even shuts down and pops back on! WTH. Someone at T-mobile must know what happened and what they were doing right before this happened. How can it be only the LG phones? They did something to get us to get rid of these phones and have to purchase new phones!

Userlevel 1

If it did nothing when that person reset his phone then why should I do it? Lose everything on my phone? This is ridiculous! I'm going to sit here and wait for someone to fix it.