Solved

"LG IMS keeps stopping"

This started on one family member’s V30 yesterday and another today.

This affects more than one LG model.

Obviously T-mobile has changed something in the network.

See this thread here:

I have tried safe-mode, Disabling mobile data. Etc, etc. including all suggested on the internet and above thread with no success.

I would advise against making any changes until an official response is issued from someone with sufficient knowledge to understand what network-wide changes were made and explain how to correct the problem or how T-mobile intends to correct the problem.

I worked this issue for more than 8 hours today!

icon

Best answer by fidget37 22 May 2022, 23:37

View original

96 replies

Userlevel 1

DO NOT start resetting phones, folks. This problem just hit my LQ Q7+ out of the blue. Assume a T-Mobile problem which they should fix w/o user intervention, or w minimal intervention. I stand to be proven wrong, but I'm betting w others who think TM messed something up.

Userlevel 2

ok, just used the following suggestion:

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

Force stop and clear data.

This has fixed the issue for my mother’s v20.  At least for now…

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

Userlevel 1

I just got off a chat with T-Mobile support at 4:33 pm (central time), this was their response: 

“I know how important it is to have a working phone most especially this time. As per checking here, the reported issue is from the LG and LG is already aware of this. As of the moment LG is already working closely on getting this fix the soonest the possible. We are also waiting an update form them regarding the issue.”

Userlevel 3

There is nothing wrong with your LG phones.  This is a T-Mobile network problem.  LG has not made any changes to their cell phone android operating system or system apps, so T-Mobile must have made a network change that caused this error to pop-up.  Push T-Mobile to correct their error.

Userlevel 1

This is definetly a T Mobile issue! I went in to the store and they told me LG updated/took away messaging overnight. Butmy daughter has a LG same phone as me but it is a sprint phone on tmobile network. They are lying anwe should be refunded or something. Iwas told my phone will never work again because LG stopped making them and tmobile is shutting stuff down on them.. A way to force us into buying an expensive new phone. I am beyond upset!!!!! Done with tmobile! 

Hi Nash,

Yes, nothing I changed worked, and things I wanted to change were not accessible.

I’m frustrated I uninstalled and changed so many things, only having to make more changes just to get “back to zero”.

Userlevel 1

Tmobile is the problem. Once this is fixed. Run. 

Userlevel 1

put the phone on airplane mode. 

Then

Force stop/clear data from com.lge.ims.rcsprovider

This makes is stop, but phone does not work

Then

go to phone, dial 277634#*# to access secret menu

Then 

Go to IMS SETTINGS and switch IP VERSION to IPV4V6

Then restore phone functionality by switching airplane mode off.

Haven't seen the error since doing this.

Still stopping auto-pay and finding another provider. I am DONE with T-mobile

Userlevel 1

Do you think a system restore would work?

Wont work 

it looks like a sim card issue when i took it out it stopped

This issue just hit my wife’s phone. Did the obvious things, restart, attempt to close, disable, etc. We have identical LG phones “G7 ThinQ”.  These are Android 10 phones.  Now I’m concerned if mine will show the same issues.  I hope that this is a transient issue on T-Mobiles part.

Userlevel 2

Worked on all the “fixes” all day - I woke up to the issues. Even reset to factory settings & it’s STILL happening. Now I’m just annoyed and working from laptop. But just got call from hubs - it just started on his LG phone. :/

Userlevel 3

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

Worked so far on my Stylus 4. Don’t power down - gotcha. Thanks much.

I don’t know if it’s a problem caused by T-Mobile or LG as it’s normal for one firm to blame the other. However, enough is enough and someone needs to straighten out this mess and quickly.

Userlevel 1

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Thank you thank you...seems to have stopped!!

I tried this as well but this did not work for me. 

Userlevel 1

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Thank you thank you...seems to have stopped!!

Userlevel 1

I cant find what that app even is?

Userlevel 1

Do you think a system restore would work?

Wont work 

Tmobile is the problem. Once this is fixed. Run. 

This started happening to me 2 hours ago on my G8 as well. First, I had no data for miles while driving across the state (where I ordinarily would). Then I restarted and began getting the LG IMS error. 

Userlevel 1

Has anyone used USB debugging, and tried using a windows OS to change settings? That is my next move.

This started on one family member’s V30 yesterday and another today.

This affects more than one LG model.

Obviously T-mobile has changed something in the network.

See this thread here:

I have tried safe-mode, Disabling mobile data. Etc, etc. including all suggested on the internet and above thread with no success.

I would advise against making any changes until an official response is issued from someone with sufficient knowledge to understand what network-wide changes were made and explain how to correct the problem or how T-mobile intends to correct the problem.

I worked this issue for more than 8 hours today!

I've had this problem all day (8hrs). Went to a physical Tmobile. They spent 30mins working on the issue and found no solutions. Hopefully Tmobile sees everyone having the same problem and issues a fix.

Userlevel 1

I tried just about all the solutions here and still nothing. I tried removing SIM card, tried the steps in the settings, tried calling the phone number to change ip address but couldn't find it, I am frustrated with this now and it pissed me off because it interrupts whatever I do on my phone and even shuts down and pops back on! WTH. Someone at T-mobile must know what happened and what they were doing right before this happened. How can it be only the LG phones? They did something to get us to get rid of these phones and have to purchase new phones!

so helpfull kat.

i forced stop on the rct and got all my old messages to come in   still giving error message though.  tmobile should have communicated with lg by now with a fix   

if i can find the fix on here then tmobile should be giving it out.  i can make calls now