LG IMS keeps stopping

Badge

LG IMS keep stopping is flashing on my phone I see other people are having the same problem but I don’t see any results my son has the same phone with the same plan the same T-Mobile  and does not have a problem

4 replies

Userlevel 3

This is a T-Mobile network problem.  LG has not made any changes to their cell phone android operating system or system apps, so T-Mobile must have made a network change that caused this error to pop-up.  Push T-Mobile to correct their error.

Userlevel 2

One has to imagine that behind the scenes, T-Mobile software writers are frantically trying to figure out what they did yesterday (Sunday) that bricked tens of thousands of LG phones (multiply it out, and it’s millions of dollars of damage to customer equipment).

Several terrible things are happening as a result of this, which include the following:

1. Customers are spending many hours on the false-fixes posted on YouTube, including doing a “hard factory reset” that destroys all their photographs and data, but does NOT fix the phone!
  2. Some customers are rushing to their local T-Mobile store to purchase new non-LG phones.  T-Mobile should be giving these folks a generous discount, but they have not announced anything yet.  If a discount is announced, will it be retro-active to today?  It should be!

It is apparent that the system app “LG IMS” is vital to normal phone operation and is designed to restart immediately if it is interrupted.  That’s why it restarts instantly after a “forced stop” and reloads the cache instantly after a “clear cache.”  It is also apparent that T-Mobile did something this past Sunday that caused that system app to “stutter” or “hiccup” every 3 seconds.  The result:  an infuriating popup error message every 3 seconds that renders the phone virtually unusable!

If T-Mobile is unwilling or unable to reverse whatever they did (possibly they don’t understand what they did), then the obvious answer is to provide generous discounts for non-LG phones as replacements.  And those discounts should be retroactive for any desperate customers who rushed to a T-Mobile store and bought a new phone today!

I followed all the steps in every thread I saw .. and then I took my phone off wifi and so far no issues since last night. But I hope they come up with a fix soon 

Userlevel 2

UPDATE:  There are about six different threads active today on this same subject, indicating the large number of people impacted and the large interest in this problem.

On one of the other threads here, I posted a Q and A with our local T-Mobile store personnel.  I will not repeat the entire Q and A here, but it was very interesting.

The store technicians stated that they had laboriously tried every alleged fix and they were not able to fix ANY LG phone that came in during the past two days...and there had been a steady stream.  They expect the rest of this week to be very busy.

T-Mobile is currently saying it is an LG problem.  The help lines at both LG and T-Mobile are experiencing unusually high volumes.  We had a long line at our T-Mobile store, full of customers with “bricked” LG phones, purchasing new phones because they can’t afford to be out-of-communication for much longer.  

We hesitated until they told us that they might be selling out of the popular models, and they didn’t know for sure when they would get more.  That tipped us over the edge to purchase two new Samsung phones today.

I sincerely hope somebody figures out what caused tens of thousands (or maybe hundreds of thousands) of LG phones on T-Mobile’s network to suddenly go bad this past Sunday.