Question

Looking to transfer eSim back to old phone

• 9 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hello,

I recently replaced my Google Pixel 4 with a Samsung Z Flip 4, and transferred my T-Mobile service from one to the another using an eSim. Well, a few months later I have dropped my Z Flip 4 and broken it to the point of being unusable, so I would like to reactivate my Pixel while addressing my broken phone.

Can someone please tell me how to transfer eSim back to my Pixel? I would love for there to be a fix so easy and obvious that this question is borderline not even worth asking, but I’m struggling to find it on my own.

Thank you!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The Pixel 4 doesn't have an esim so you're going to have to go to a store and get a physical sim.

Badge

The Pixel 4 doesn't have an esim so you're going to have to go to a store and get a physical sim.

Thanks for the reply! And yes, of course the Pixel 4 has a physical sim. I should know that. I guess, then, can I reactivate my physical sim?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks for the reply! And yes, of course the Pixel 4 has a physical sim. I should know that. I guess, then, can I reactivate my physical sim?

SIM cards can not be reactivated after being deactivated.  You will need to purchase a new SIM to transfer your service to so you can use it in your Pixel 4.

Badge

Okay, I understand now. Thanks everyone, this has been a big help.

how much is the purchase price of a new sim?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

how much is the purchase price of a new sim?

For prepaid, you can purchase a SIM Starter Kit for $25.  For Postpaid, I think they are $20 unless you are starting a new postpaid service.

thanks for the information.

Basically, there is no way to do this on my own and without paying a fee. I remember being able to do that with Sprint.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

thanks for the information.

Basically, there is no way to do this on my own and without paying a fee. I remember being able to do that with Sprint.

Replacement SIM cards are not free, unless defective.  In which case, you would need to visit a T-mobile Store to have it swapped, which has a fee.  Support can also have one sent out, if they determine your SIM is defective, but SIM's can only be sent to your billing address and take almost a week to arrive during non-holiday seasons.