Solved

My phone is connecting to Edge

• 16 February 2023
  • 13 replies

Badge

my phone suddenly stopped getting 4g/5g network. it is showing Edge connection only. Did restart, reinsert sim and other things...non worked

icon

Best answer by syaoran 16 February 2023, 14:28

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What type of phone? Is it a Tmobile branded or an unlocked phone.

Badge

I have Samsung Unlocked Phone. It wsa working fine from last so many days...suddenly it went to Edge

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There are many Samsung unlocked devices.  Could you be more specific?  Is it an unlock USA model or is it an unlocked international model?  Have you checked your APN settings?  

BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings | T-Mobile Support

Does the device support VoLTE?  T-Mobile’s (Google’s stock Android) implementation of VoLTE is required for your device to be able to make and receive calls over 4G and 5G.  There could also be tower maintenance where you are.  If it doesn’t return to normal service within a couple of days.  Consider reaching out to support via 611.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Check the DownDetector website to check for outages in your area.

Badge

There are many Samsung unlocked devices.  Could you be more specific?  Is it an unlock USA model or is it an unlocked international model?  Have you checked your APN settings?  

Does the device support VoLTE?  T-Mobile’s (Google’s stock Android) implementation of VoLTE is required for your device to be able to make and receive calls over 4G and 5G.  There could also be tower maintenance where you are.  If it doesn’t return to normal service within a couple of days.  Consider reaching out to support via 611.

This is Unlocked International mode
APN setting it checked and even modified
Device Support VoLTE. Same device and same T Mobile sim was working till last few days without any issue. 
Nothing else is required (Google’s stock Android) to make and receive calls over 4G and 5G. Mobile is self sufficient. 
No tower Maintenance because this is happening only to ME and even when I am at different  location for shopping.

Badge

Check the DownDetector website to check for outages in your area.

Checked, No Outage

Badge

Mobile voice Network type & Mobile data network type is showing as ‘EDGE’
IMS Registration Status - Not Registered

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What are the bands on the phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you domestically roaming?  With tower upgrades around the country, especially in California.  The band deployment on the towers local to where you are might have changed.  What specific model device do you have?  As an example, I have a Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultra (SM-918U) that I purchased from T-Mobile.  

Badge

Are you domestically roaming?  With tower upgrades around the country, especially in California.  The band deployment on the towers local to where you are might have changed.  What specific model device do you have?  As an example, I have a Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultra (SM-918U) that I purchased from T-Mobile.  

I am not roaming. I have Samsung M30s

Badge

This is Unlocked International mode Samsung m30s

APN setting it checked and even modified

Device Support VoLTE. Same device and same T Mobile sim was working till last few days without any issue. 

Nothing else is required (Google’s stock Android) to make and receive calls over 4G and 5G. Mobile is self sufficient. 

No tower Maintenance because this is happening only to ME and even when I am at different  location for shopping.

Badge

What type of phone? Is it a Tmobile branded or an unlocked phone.

Samsung M30s...unlocked international phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Looking at the specs on the phone it isn't 5G compatible and the only LTE band compatible is 5 and that is only in the Carolinas so it relies on the edge network.

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_m30-9505.php