Solved

No MMS after switching Verizon Galaxy S7 to T-Mobile

Hello, I switched to T-Mobile from Verizon 5 days ago. I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7. Ever since I switched to T-mobile, I have been unable to send or receive MMS. At first, I also had no mobile data, but switching my APN to settings I found on this forum allowed me to have data.

I have spoken to 5 or 6 reps, and none have been able to solve the MMS problem. On my most recent call, I was told by the T-Mobile rep that it is impossible for me to use my phone on T-Mobile and that I have to purchase a T-Mobile phone. However, none of the other reps have said this and I was certainly not told this when switching to T-Mobile last week.

Does anyone know how to get MMS working? If the last rep is correct and T-Mobile lied to me about being able to use my current phone on their service, I'll probably just switch back to Verizon because this has been so frustrating.

Thank you!!

icon

Best answer by smplyunprdctble 4 June 2018, 04:23

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 4

The S7 is a huge problem when using unlocked on another provider.  Carriers have say in what happens in the OS, and a lot will put little funky things that "lock" some features to them even though the phone can be unlocked.  MMS is usually a problem with the S7s.

There's been some threads where folks said they got things to work.  Here's a good thread about the Verizon S7:  Problem switching from Verizon to T-mobile. S7 Edge Resolution APN Settings.

Userlevel 3

Hey there! Sorry to read you're having trouble getting your S7 to cooperate with the network! Were you able to find any helpful steps in the thread that Smply linked above? When it comes to non-TMO devices; we're able to offer support with our Bring your own device setup guide​ but ultimately, we're not able to guarantee full network compatibility -- our Non-T-Mobile phone & software disclaimer​ explains that in a bit more depth. We do want you to be able to get this working rather than see you go, though! IIRC, one recommendation that seems to be pretty popular in the threads we have about these issues is to ensure that you're deleting the existing APN profile before adding the new settings in. I can dig for more threads for you if you're still looking for help -- please let us know!

Having the same issue here No MMS after switching Verizon Galaxy Note 5 to T-Mobile. After reading this thread what is the answer to this issue

Hi,

I've experienced the same thing, but you can give this settings a try, please note to copy the correct MMSC and the APN type.

Name: T-Mobile

APN: fast.t-mobile.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

Multimedia message proxy: Not set

Multimedia message port: Not set

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: default,supl,mms

APN protocol: IPv6

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Turn APN on/off: APN turned on (this is grayed out)

Bearer: Unspecified

Mobile virtual network operator type: None

Mobile virtual network operator value: Not set (this is grayed out)

then on network mode , please make sure it is set to LTE/GSM/UMTS

That page is forbidden

This worked great for me (IE: switching an S7 edge to t-mobile), thank you much sir/madam

This also worked for my phone (Verizon Galaxy S7) - Yay!  I had to do a factory reset because of a virus and also because the phone had been beyond slow for a long time.  I worked on it for days and days and days and took it to T-Mobile and Verizon with no luck.  I finally ran across a similar post and it worked! The only differences on mine are that my user name and password are automatically filled in (and I left it that way) and Authentication Type: is set to None.  But I finally have MMS back!  Why couldn't the T-Mobile people have known this? Oh, the hours I've spent.....

Your link and resolution is not able to be viewed..

It states:

Hold up! This page is forbidden

I need help deleting the existing APN

profile and adding the new settings in.

Can you please help???

Happy to report that after hours of troubleshooting, I got MMS to work on the Galaxy S7 that I brought over last week from Verizon. I had matched up the Access Point settings with the post from magentatechexpert, but with no luck. At least I thought I had them matched up. After hours of staring, I found the MMSC address on my phone didn't match the address from the post.

It should be this:

http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

On my device, the MMSC was automatically filled in as this:

http://mms.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

Note the missing "msg" between "mms" and "eng.t-mobile". Once I corrected the address, I was able to send MMS.

Spelling this out here in case it's the problem for anyone else, because it's so easy to overlook. That especially goes for you, fishgill8. Funny (not a good funny) thing to find someone else chasing the same problem on the same day as me.

This WORKED. My mmsc was exactly as in the post, so I had to change some other settings to EXACTLY as written above. I was told at the TMobile store that sometimes the switch from Verizon to TMobile was a problem for the S7 and that I might have to get a new phone, which I did not want to do. So, this saved me from that pain!

Thanks so much for taking to time to spell out each and every setting above.

I just had this same issue: follow the page here https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/samsung-galaxy-s7-g930t/network-apn-and-volte-samsung-galaxy-s7, but there is one difference:

Note that APN type: <Not set> OR Internet+MMS did NOT work for me. I had to use APN type: default,supl,mms.

I posted the page contents below in case the link expires. (and changed the appropriate section to reflect what worked for me)

APN & data settings

Android 6.0 Marshmallow

1. From any Home screen, tap the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Mobile networks.
  4. Tap Access Point Names.
  5. If available, tap the T-Mobile US APN (the bullet point fills with green). If not available, tap the Menu key, and then tap New APN. To reset your APN settings, tap MORE and then tap Reset to default.
  6. Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN:
    • Name: T-Mobile US LTE
    • APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    • Proxy: <Not set>
    • Port: <Not set>
    • Username: <Not set>
    • Password: <Not set>
    • Server: <Not set>
    • MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    • MMS proxy: <Not set>
    • MMS port: <Not set>
    • MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    • MCC: 310
    • MNC: 260
    • Authentication type:<Not set>
    • APN type: default,supl,mms
    • APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    • Enable/disable APN: <greyed out unless there are multiple APN's>
    • Bearer: Unspecified
  7. Tap MORE > Save.
  8. Tap the desired APN profile you want to use. The bullet point fills with green next to the APN profile.

Android 7.0 Nougat

1. From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  2. Tap Settings > Connections.
  3. Tap Mobile networks.
  4. Tap Access Point Names.
  5. If available, tap the T-Mobile US LTE (the bullet point fills with green). If not available, tap the ADD.
    To reset your APN settings, tap the Menu (3 dots) icon and then tap Reset to default.
  6. Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN:
    • Name: T-Mobile US LTE
    • APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    • Proxy: <Not set>
    • Port: <Not set>
    • Username: <Not set>
    • Password: <Not set>
    • Server: <Not set>
    • MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    • MMS proxy: <Not set>
    • MMS port: <Not set>
    • MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    • MCC: 310
    • MNC: 260
    • Authentication type:<Not set>
    • APN type: default,supl,mms
    • APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    • Enable/disable APN: <greyed out unless there are multiple APN's>
    • Bearer: Unspecified
  7. Tap Menu (3 dots) icon > Save.
  8. Tap the desired APN profile you want to use. The bullet point fills with green next to the APN profile.