Question

No outgoing audio over T-mobile after a week or so

• 16 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have a OnePlus 8 with T-Mobile. Every once in a while people can’t hear me on the call. 

The only fix that seems to work, is rebooting the phone. Than it’s fine for a while but after a week or so the problem re-occurs. 

It’s only happening with T-Mobile calls. WhatsApp calls are always working,

WIFI calling is enabled but I have no way of telling whether the call is going through WIFI or cell.

Anyone has an idea what’s happening here and how to fix it?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

VoLTE is turned on as well? TMO purchased OP or purchased direct from OP?

Badge

Phone was purchased directly from T-Mobile. I have WIFI-calling enabled but I don’t know how to tell whether a voice call is going through WIFI or LTE. As far as I can remember the problem happens regardless of whether I’m on WIFI or not. This has been going for about a year now, but seems to be getting worse. It only happened once a month and now its more like once a week (after rebooting)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

super weird..especially with it being such a random issue. would have said maybe sim card but dunno.

@syaoran you still have an 8?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You should see T-Mobile WiFi Calling on the SIM when enabled.  

That would say, T-Mobile WiFi Calling when enabled.

Badge

Thanks! It looks like WiFI calling is on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks! It looks like WiFI calling is on. 

If you want to make sure it doesn't drop back to cell for any reason.  Just put the device in Airplane Mode first, then turn on WiFi.  Wifi Calling should then kick in while the cellular radio is still off.