Solved

No voicemail notifications

• 12 February 2019
  • 3 replies

For the past three days we have not received any voice mail notifications, when I checked a few minutes ago I had several dating back to 2/8, however for these calls the phone never rang, and we were never notified of a voicemail, however we have received other calls since then.

We have OnePlus 6 phones, Wifi calling and VoLTE on, with wifi preferred on, and I have never seen my signal drop below half. One would think at some point over the past few days we would get notified of a voicemail, even after a couple reboots.

Is there anything we can do to ensure we get our messages?

icon

Best answer by snn555 12 February 2019, 01:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

I'm using the voice mail tab in the phone app that came stock on my OnePlus 6t. if the stock app is not working for you you might try downloading T-Mobile visual voicemail app unless it's the other way around.

Badge

Not sure if you found a fix but I had the exact same problem with the oneplus 9 pro.

Visual voicemail is NOT needed.  I believe they just say that so some people will eventually sign up for premium services.

Here is what worked… Tmobile tech support needs to completely reset your voicemail.  You will lose any saved voicemail messages.  Then reboot your phone and now voicemail notification now shows up on the top of the phone display as a little blue phone icon, just to the right of the time.  It just took me 2 hours of tech support for them to comprehend the problem and then fix this.  Again, visual voicemail is NOT needed.

I deleted the random Voice Mail app on my phone, and then used this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tmobile.vvm.application