Question

Note 20 receives text but won't send

• 23 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have a Note 20. It suddenly stopped delivering outgoing texts. I have been through T-Mobile Support TWICE, went to T-Mobile store TWICE, they changed it to an Esim, that didn’t work, so they put in a new physical sim, that didn’t work, so they sent me a warrantee replacement phone. Guess what? After setting up the new phone, it doesn’t send texts either. I also installed 5 different messaging apps and they all do the same thing. FB Messenger works fine. So logically speaking, if 6 messaging apps and 2 different phones do the same thing, I would say it’s a setting in the T-Mobile system pertaining to my number. I have 10 phones, a tablet and 2 watches on my account and my phone/line is the only one with the issue. I’ve had this number for over 20 years and it is attached to my business all over the internet, I can’t get another number, there has to be a fix. 

7 replies

I have no suggestions but I have a note 20 and as of this am I cant send texts to Verizon or att people. Only metro and tmobile.  This is exactly how my note 8 issue started.  Then I couldn't get any calls in. Would just say missed call.  I could forward my phone to a different phone and worked. They warrantied my 8 out for 20. All issues resolved.  That was prob few months ago. Now here I go again.   Fb messenger works fine. No text messaging aps do to Verizon or att people. Rest are fine. And even more weird is I can send gifs and pics to vz and att thru the same messaging aps that won't send reg texts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

which texting app is it? try a different one in case its the app itself.

Textra and the messages that come with the phone itself. Fb messenger works fine. Last night tmo said engineers said it's a local issue. Makes no sense. 

Badge

I have no suggestions but I have a note 20 and as of this am I cant send texts to Verizon or att people. Only metro and tmobile.  This is exactly how my note 8 issue started.  Then I couldn't get any calls in. Would just say missed call.  I could forward my phone to a different phone and worked. They warrantied my 8 out for 20. All issues resolved.  That was prob few months ago. Now here I go again.   Fb messenger works fine. No text messaging aps do to Verizon or att people. Rest are fine. And even more weird is I can send gifs and pics to vz and att thru the same messaging aps that won't send reg texts. 

I’m having this problem with my Galaxy S21. As of Thursday morning, no one with AT&T or Verizon can get my texts. T-Mobile thinks it’s a me problem. They’re going to have me get a new SIM card this afternoon, however, I’ve heard that may not fix it. :( 

Mine said local issue.  As of yesterday afternoon I was able to send texts to vz and att now amd they actually get them. So now it's fine. Makes no sense. 

Mine said local issue.  As of yesterday afternoon I was able to send texts to vz and att now amd they actually get them. So now it's fine. Makes no sense. 

What do they mean “local issue”.. location, or local as in my specific phone, I wonder? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

local as in location based would be my guess.