Oneplus 8T and Android 12 issues

Badge

I just recently got the update push. Where to start.

1) I had to search to figure out how to turn off vibrate with each word swiped on any texting box; when I never had such a thing active before.

2) Photo Gallery, now I have to click two delete buttons to delete a picture verse only once before. Also I dislike it's not in album view everything I load the app like it was previously.

3) I now have issues trying to connect Netflix to my TV, on average 5+ failures and over 10 minutes wasted; 3 evenings in a row now

4) when I try to pull down notifications, if I don't use the top most left, it almost always pulls open "Never Settle" which I could do without regardless.

13 replies

Badge

5) the "Close all" app button actually closes nothing.

Side note, grievance why T-Mobile doesn't allow to edit original post?!?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That update does change a lot of the UI. I’ve just started to figure it out.

You can edit the original post for a limited time. See the three dots on the lower right corner.

Badge

That update does change a lot of the UI. I’ve just started to figure it out.

You can edit the original post for a limited time. See the three dots on the lower right corner.

So 5 hours must be outside the "limit time". Also my issues #3 & #5 are more than bothersome changes, but actual bugs that need to be looked into and fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So 5 hours must be outside the "limit time".

My post was 3 hours ago and I don’t see an “Edit” option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i think its either 15 minutes or half an hour before it locks you out of editing

Badge

i think its either 15 minutes or half an hour before it locks you out of editing

Ok but why would they not have an option on their own website for technical support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

for tech assistance they only use either the call in agents, the chat feature in here (hit and miss being available...more miss than hit though) and then the social media routes like Facebook or Twitter..personally used the FB method and it worked out surprisingly well compared to calling in..the FB/Twitter route lands you with tier 2 support..

why they chose not to have tech support on their site i have zero idea..im coming from the Sprint side where they had agents to help out..not fully sure why their stance is to stay peer to peer assistance in here.

I also recently updated on 8T and I absolutely hate it. Firstly, I can't click on pictures on FB - it crashes the entire app. Even though I have always on display turned off, the fingerprint symbol constantly pops up when screen is locked so I accidentally hit it all the time. The way the notifications now only show on the lock screen when they're brand new is ridiculous. If I leave something in my notifications because I want to be reminded to check it later, it doesn't show on the lock screen after I've unlocked the phone, regardless of clicking the notification or not. With the notification bar there's issues too, if I get 3 texts from 3 people, it only shows the most recent message icon - not all of them which is also ridiculous. Not to mention the update made the home screen, lock screen, apps, chat bubbles, and literally everything look absolutely horrible. I hate this update. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Another new thing I can’t use my wife’s Samsung S20 charger any more. Plugging into the computer or my OnePlus charger works but it just ignores the Samsung charger.

Always on display moves to the right of the screen instead of staying in the middle (bug, not intrusive of using the device), call bubbles remain on screen despite the call ending, making you think you are on a call. The only way to get rid of it is to start a new call, & promptly hangup. (interferes with using my device). Calls will randomly fail now, which is why i left tmobile 4 years ago. I came back & gave them another chance 2 years ago, & now im not happy. Lots of apps are randomly disabled out of box for no reason now, fingerprint reader is horrible now too, and screen sensitivity is all over the place. Considering getting a new phone, or just unlocking the bootloader to install a custom rom. Phones out of warranty anyways so why not. This update is HORRID. and YES i have factory reset my phone post update. Nothing has changed.

Always on display moves to the right of the screen instead of staying in the middle (bug, not intrusive of using the device), call bubbles remain on screen despite the call ending, making you think you are on a call. The only way to get rid of it is to start a new call, & promptly hangup. (interferes with using my device). Calls will randomly fail now, which is why i left tmobile 4 years ago. I came back & gave them another chance 2 years ago, & now im not happy. Lots of apps are randomly disabled out of box for no reason now, fingerprint reader is horrible now too, and screen sensitivity is all over the place. Considering getting a new phone, or just unlocking the bootloader to install a custom rom. Phones out of warranty anyways so why not. This update is HORRID. and YES i have factory reset my phone post update. Nothing has changed.

Also having random periods of no connectivity on both mobile data & wifi

Badge

I’ve had a lot of problems with this too.  When I spoke to CC about it they sent me another phone...which isn’t going to fix the problem.  I too noticed the “Close All” does not work properly.  Sometimes it closes some windows and other times it doesn’t close any...but it never closes them all.  I’m also not happy that it reset all of my settings.  The pull down menu at the top 90% of the time doesn’t work properly and the screen lighting up with a battery update about once a minute is annoying when I’m trying to sleep.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

as much as i hate to even ask..has anyone performed a factory reset yet?