Solved

OnePlus 9 Pro Battery Drain So Bad and Where is OxygenOS 13

• 18 February 2023
  • 12 replies

Badge

Hello, OnePlus 9 Pro's battery is really bad, it consumes 10-12 percent battery overnight(8h) when idle.

Also when will T-Mobile version of OnePlus 9 Pro receive the OxygenOS 13 update? This battery issue should be resolved. 

icon

Best answer by Abdullaheid14 14 April 2023, 18:36

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

That's insane!  My 8T barely sips through 5% overnight on its worst nights.  Check your app usage to see which apps are draining your battery and either remove them, disable them, or put them on a power saving mode.

Badge

That's insane!  My 8T barely sips through 5% overnight on its worst nights.  Check your app usage to see which apps are draining your battery and either remove them, disable them, or put them on a power saving mode.

I tried with power saving mode on and got the same results. I tried in airplane mode and got the same results.

I also tried without installing my applications and got the same results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you buy the device brand new in the box or was it previously used?  Battery life on most OnePlus devices seems to be fairly good.  I have a handful of them ranging from the 7 Pro to the 10 Pro. 

Is your device up to date?  I know updating to A Droid 12 reset the battery optimization for most, which increased the battery drain a little until it gathered some usage to be better optimized once again. 

With the merger between OnePlus and OPPO and OPPO being the surviving company with OnePlus now becoming a brand.  Updates have been taking significantly longer for carrier models.  Android 13 has been available for the non-carrier models for quite a while now.  Hopefully T-Mobile will put some pressure on OPPO to fulfill its commitments and provide those updates soon.

Badge

Did you buy the device brand new in the box or was it previously used?  Battery life on most OnePlus devices seems to be fairly good.  I have a handful of them ranging from the 7 Pro to the 10 Pro. 

Is your device up to date?  I know updating to A Droid 12 reset the battery optimization for most, which increased the battery drain a little until it gathered some usage to be better optimized once again. 

With the merger between OnePlus and OPPO and OPPO being the surviving company with OnePlus now becoming a brand.  Updates have been taking significantly longer for carrier models.  Android 13 has been available for the non-carrier models for quite a while now.  Hopefully T-Mobile will put some pressure on OPPO to fulfill its commitments and provide those updates soon.

It is a new brand. I've used OnePlus 6 and 8, they were 5 percent max. There seems to be a problem between the processor and the software. I looked at the reviews and the screen time and standby time is very bad. I don't think this problem will go away with OS 13. I don't think OnePlus cares enough about its customers anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It is a new brand. I've used OnePlus 6 and 8, they were 5 percent max. There seems to be a problem between the processor and the software. I looked at the reviews and the screen time and standby time is very bad. I don't think this problem will go away with OS 13. I don't think OnePlus cares enough about its customers anymore.

OnePlus is now the brand.  The company is now OPPO.  The entire Dev team, which were only two teams of a handful of people for OnePlus, are now mostly gone.  OxygenOS is now by name only and is jist Color OS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

this was one of the main complaints over at the OP forums for 13. massive battery drain

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I didn't notice any major battery drain on my 8T or my 9 on Android 13.  Battery life was still better on Android 11 though but it wasn't a drastic difference from what I noticed.

Any idea on when android 13 will be coming to oneplus 9 5g ? Is anybody looking for a friend? I could sure use one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

when OP finally gets their updates under control and kick out a non bugged out update.

Userlevel 1

It's both the device and the A12 Update!  I too have a OnePlus 9 Pro and have had nothing but issues with it since the day I got it!  I made the grave mistake most Tmo OnePlus 9 owners made and allowed the phone to update to Android 12!  I went thru this a year ago with TMO and ultimately received a warranty replacement phone.  That was the only remedy offered to me even though it wasn't a hardware issue!  I've kept my phone on the A11 OS because of the broken OnePlus A12.  That is until TMO A13 went from "Testing" to now "Completed.". Unfortunately, it wasn't really complete and I made the mistake of FINALLY allowing my phone to update.  Now I have a BROKEN PHONE YET AGAIN!  Please Tmo release the A13! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

from the looks of OPs forums theyre still running into issues with 13 and are back and forth with it. looks like some kind of camera issues and a line that appears across the screens..keep seeing a green line and a pink line mentioned.

anywho…

https://community.oneplus.com/circle/1034189004494602243

keep in mind places like India get the updates well before the states do..we require quite a bit more stuff to be included compared to other countries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Updates for OnePlus devices are India first, then China  then the EU, then NA, and then the EU carrier versions, then T-Mobile USA.