Question

Only 128gb for Pixel 8 Pro?

• 20 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I’m having a hard time believing that T-Mobile is the ONLY major carrier that does not have a single option past the basic 128 GB for Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro. I don’t know anyone who would pay over a thousand dollars for a flagship phone with only 128 GB. This seems like a massive oversight. I have spoken with customer service through chat and over the phone and they all say that they only have the 128 GB and when asked if they are getting other storage space options they say “We don’t have that information.”

We just switched from Verizon a few months ago. Verizon offers the same trade-in deals but they have storage space options up to 512 GB. Google Store and Best Buy will only offer me $160 dollars for my phone as a trade-in deal but with T-Mobile I could get up to $800 with my trade-in but I can not buy a phone with only 128 GB. 

One customer service rep told me that they would start selling the 256gb models on October 12, its October 20th and at this rate, I don’t think it’s ever going to happen. This is extremely disappointing. Does anyone have any information on if they will offer a larger storage space for this phone?

6 replies

I agree with you 100% ! This is really shame for T Mobile and whoever made this decision…

At least they can go in public and let us know something 

I like the phone but I need at least the 256 but would buy the 512 if available, can we get a statement from T-Mobile so I know if I can continue to be customer here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile usually only gets the lowest storage option for devices unless those devices are top selling devices for them.  An example, Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultra even though T-Mobile never offered the top tier storage option of 1TB but did offer 512GB and 256GB.

Not only is this still an issue, I spent 4 hrs today calling or visiting every T mobile store withing 40 miles of my house. I literally called at least 10 stores and visited 3. I was also I initially looking for a 256 but decided I could put my pictures on a thumb drive and was going to settle for the 128. NO STORE HAD EVEN THE 128 IN STORE! Why are you offering deals on phones you don't keep stocked. Several told me they only get 1 or 2 in at the time all told me they haven't had on in quite a while. But I could order it. I don't want to order I want to walk in and have it in my hand when I leave. Which I can do at AT&T. You are about to lose me T Mobile. I even had one person tell me they weren't checking the safe at this time due to robberies. SERIOUSLY!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I bought my last 3 Pixels directly from Google, better pricing and cheaper also they come unlocked even with a payment plan.

Google and Best Buy offered $180 for my trade, Tmobiles current promotion is $500 on my trade. So I wouldn't pay but about $300 for the phone if I could find a store that had them.

Take them off of display or mark the display out of stock