Question

Pixel 4 XL Server Error

Badge

Been unable to use my phone to make or receive calls. When I try to make a call it fails immediately and gives a message saying "Server Error. Try again later." Anyone who tries to call me says it goes straight to voicemail and I also get a missed call notification. This started late last night. I have restarted the phone multiple times with no success. I am able to use my phone otherwise (texting, internet browsing, youtube, etc.) so I am really not sure what the problem is.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is it location specific? as in happening only at home/work but works fine in other places? and is this while connected to wifi calling or regular mobile?

Badge

This isn't location specific since it happens no matter where I am. No difference with wifi calling or mobile connection either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

have you made any changes to your APN settings?

Badge

No, I have not made any changes to any of my settings. Phone was working one day and then the next day this problem started.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

actually i should have asked if this was a device you purchased from TMO or if you brought it with you to TMO as a BYOD before asking the APN question lol...so...purchased from TMO or brought in as a BYOD?

Badge

Oh yeah good point lol but I purchased it from TMO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the APN wouldnt be it then if im remembering correctly.

ok so new route to take question wise..any other phones on your account? and if so are they seeing the same thing? and do you know of any other TMO devices around you that are NOT on your account? and if so are they seeing this as well or no?

Badge

Bone of the other devices on the account nor other TMO devices around me are having any kind of issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

updating your profile doesnt do anything either? SIM card possibly...actually you can probably test that theory out by tossing the SIM card into a different device and seeing if the problem followed or not..

Badge

Didn't try putting the sim card into another device but I went into the store and they swapped in a new one and the issue continued so at this point it looks like it's the device 

I had the similar issue and called customer care. Finally did reset the network settings and it worked.