Question

Pixel 6 Pro December 2022 update

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s been over a month and I still haven’t received the December 2022 update for my Pixel 6 Pro. Is anyone else having this problem?

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

December is filled with holidays where companies and development teams have more time off than usual.  This can sometimes delay updates.  When Google has the update finished, your device will eventually get it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My Pixel 6 received  it in the 6th or 7th but I think the Pro had some issues they were working on.

I've had the same problem, my parents who have the same phone on T-Mobile as well got the update, however I have not. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

You may need to side load the update. Download the update from Google and put it on your phone. Go into recovery and apply the update. 

Two Pixel 6 Pro devices here, no December update and we're at January 10th. Flagship, really? 

My Pixel 5a, my wife’s 4a 5G, and my friends 6 Pro all didn’t get December update (now 1/10/23). 

My Pixel 6 is still on November update as well

Google support claims that T-Mobile is sitting on the updates and not releasing them. T-Mobile support claims that's Google that's delayed. I believe Google but regardless, this is no flagship device and no way to treat customers in matters of security, it's negligent. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I posted this on another thread. Looks like Google pulled it.

https://www.droid-life.com/2023/01/11/pixel-6-pixel-7-january-update-on-t-mobile-said-to-be-delayed-because-of-issue/

Thank you. That's January. We still haven't received December! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you. That's January. We still haven't received December! 

There's an article on this also.

https://piunikaweb.com/2023/01/09/some-google-pixel-users-are-still-stuck-on-november-2022-update/

Thank you for the information. There's now an active ticket with higher tech support at T-Mobile open to seriously look at this. The finger pointing between T-Mobile and Google is unacceptable to a customer... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Reading the article it sounds like most of the phones affected were the Pixel's on the Fi network which uses the Tmobile network.

Still no concrete comment or reply from T-Mobile support despite tickets being open on the subject. Not on these forums and not through the open support ticket. A black hole... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

reply in here or through some other route? if in here then no..peer to peer assistance only with a handful of admins/moderators to keep the site in order only.

Wherever they want to comment on this publicly. Silence is the worst approach, especially given T-Mobile's track record on safety and security this past year. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Wherever they want to comment on this publicly. Silence is the worst approach, especially given T-Mobile's track record on safety and security this past year. 

answered then. the site here is primarily peer to peer..the only info you will see on updates is via the device update area https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates but that area only talks about the large OS updates and not so much security patches.

answered then. the site here is primarily peer to peer..the only info you will see on updates is via the device update area https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates but that area only talks about the large OS updates and not so much security patches.

That page doesn’t list any Pixel device under any of the tabs, development, test, or complete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i dont control the site nor what they have listed or not listed on their Android 13 pages..

I have contacted Google Support and they tell me their engineers are working on the problem of the Android 13 December 5 update for T-Mobile.  They could not give me an expected rollout date.  Pretty poor service... 

Mine too, as of Jan 21, 2023. And I bought mine directly from Google so it should be among the first to receive updates. Just read that the January update is rolling out now. Not to me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Mine too, as of Jan 21, 2023. And I bought mine directly from Google so it should be among the first to receive updates. Just read that the January update is rolling out now. Not to me!

Updates are usually staggered just in case any bugs make it into the wild.  3 waves of an update with 2 week periods per wave for release is not uncommon.  Sometimes more.

When people who didn't buy direct from Google are getting updates before those who did, then there doesn't seem to be any real pattern they're using. I honestly don't mind too much, but I would much prefer they just told us what the problem is instead of just pretending there's nothing wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

When people who didn't buy direct from Google are getting updates before those who did, then there doesn't seem to be any real pattern they're using. I honestly don't mind too much, but I would much prefer they just told us what the problem is instead of just pretending there's nothing wrong.

peer to peer site unfortunately. the only info you will usually receive in here is from another poster and or from their Android update list which is a bit hit and miss for being updated

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I’m downloading the update as I type this.