Question

Pixel 8 screen issues

Badge

Hi everyone. I’m new to the boards. Has anyone had any issues with the Pixel 8 where the screen goes, what is best described as, “green snow”? It has happened several times in the past 3 months. It goes away eventually but it has been happening more frequently lately. I’ve called tech support and apparently this is a known issue but I’m wondering if anyone knows of a fix that T-mobile doesn’t know of. Any help or info would be appreciated. Have a great day people.

j

11 replies

I have been having the same issue. It started today. 

Never had issues with my phone. 

Having the same exact issue here:
The official answer I've got from the google support, was that their Engineering team did a research and found out that it happens because of static electricity, this means that the phone is of poor quality and was poorly engineered.

They asked me to hold the phone with one hand and place the other hand on a metallic object or the ground to discharge the static electricity.
Before I even start offending them, it's 2024 and it is the first time that I see something like this happening to a phone.

They said that if this static discharge doesn't solve the problem, they can "repair" the phone and it will take 7-10 days approximately, while I'm deprived of my phone, access to banking account and all sort of important stuff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Having the same exact issue here:
The official answer I've got from the google support, was that their Engineering team did a research and found out that it happens because of static electricity, this means that the phone is of poor quality and was poorly engineered.

They asked me to hold the phone with one hand and place the other hand on a metallic object or the ground to discharge the static electricity.
Before I even start offending them, it's 2024 and it is the first time that I see something like this happening to a phone.

They said that if this static discharge doesn't solve the problem, they can "repair" the phone and it will take 7-10 days approximately, while I'm deprived of my phone, access to banking account and all sort of important stuff.

You can use repair mode.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/14266732?hl=en-GB

ok gramps28, what do I do once I log-in to repair mode?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The answer is in the link.

Badge

Static electricity!? 🤔 I’ll check out your link. Thank you for the info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there! Green static on a phone sounds almost spooky. Since it comes and goes I am curious if it happens when you are on a specific app or maybe it starts when you open a specific app and then takes some time to go away. Did this start after an update or installing a new app? Does a restart make it go away or does it just take time? Google also offers some really good troubleshooting steps for screen issues. I would try these before jumping to a master reset. Fix a Pixel screen that doesn't work correctly - Pixel phone Help (google.com)

Badge

Hi. No. No specific app, nothing installed or uninstalled. No rhyme or reason to it. It happens out of nowhere. It varies on length. I'm going to try the "static electricity" theory next time it happens.

Badge

I just tried the static electricity fix a second time.Turned out to be a load of BS. I think they're just trying to avoid having to replace all the phones with this glitch. Just an opinion, not based in fact.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for testing out the static electricity fix. Eliminating any variable is still progress. Did you follow the troubleshooting steps from Google that I linked above? There aren’t a lot, and the drop downs provide easy to follow instructions. 

It is helpful to know which of those steps you tried and ultimately which one helped or if you still have the problem after doing all of them. 

Badge

Thank you but no joy. It's gotten to the point where it is happening several times a day. It happened while I was typing this post. I'm getting it replaced. Asurion actually did it for free....well $5 really, but I could live with that. I'm just sick of it. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow (Thursday) and I could kiss this problem goodbye. This is my 1st pixel and so far I'm not impressed. Thank you everyone for your tips and suggestions as well as your support. ✌️